Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #1337
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This has probably been asked 10,000 times but I can't find it through the thread.

Do I need to load the rosters with the rookies so they are in my player? I keep playing with rookies in the showcase who were not real rookies in the 2011 draft.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #1338
MVP

-ENiGMA724-'s Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
This has probably been asked 10,000 times but I can't find it through the thread.

Do I need to load the rosters with the rookies so they are in my player? I keep playing with rookies in the showcase who were not real rookies in the 2011 draft.
whatever roster you have at the main menu will be the roster you have on my player when you start....so make sure the rookies are already in the rosters BEFORE you start a new my player mode

and if it's anything like 2k11...any tinkering done in the main menu will take effect on my player mode...say bring lebron back to cleveland...he will be a cavalier once again...when you start the mode....
Old 12-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #1339
MVP

-ENiGMA724-'s Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Does your My Player abilities like Post Spin, Post Drive, Post Fadeaway, etc. go up the more you use it, or is the only way for it to go up is by using skill points?
havent played the mode long enough to know but i swear a few nights ago my pass attribute dropped from 80 to 79 after a 6 turnover game...but idk...maybe i just accidentally clicked left on the stat when i was browsing through my abilities..
Old 12-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #1340
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ENiGMA724-
havent played the mode long enough to know but i swear a few nights ago my pass attribute dropped from 80 to 79 after a 6 turnover game...but idk...maybe i just accidentally clicked left on the stat when i was browsing through my abilities..
Thanks. Can someone familiar with My Player clarify this?

Also I just seen something weird while looking at the transactions. The Wizards fired Flip Saunders on 11/18 and hired Wade Hayes the same day. Then on 11/22 they fired Hayes and hired Saunders again on the same day
Old 12-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #1341
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is anyone else not getting key matchup games? I just started a new MP and the only key games seem to be rivalry games. If this has been mentioned in another thread I didn't see it. I kind of like it, though. It makes it more challenging to build up my player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #1342
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefncrow
No help here, but I'd be interested to hear anything you find out. I'm in the exact same boat.

On my My Player career, I went to play my next game, a key game. I played it once, and when the game ended, I hit quit to go out to the post-game press conference and it hard locked.

I played the game again, hit quit to go to the post-game press conference, system locks again.

I haven't gone for try #3 yet, but I did reload my save and was looking around and noticed that in the NBA headlines for my team, references to my player's name have been replaced by "************" (like, "************'s 31 points lead Suns to victory").

I also have auto-save disabled.

On twitter Ronnie said that, "If you're CAP's players name in my player starts appearing as *********'s it means that you're save file is corrupted." Best thing to do is if you have multiple save files, find one that isn't corrupted and DELETE the ones that are. After every game check your teams box score not the headlines, headlines doesn't always show that its messed up.

If all of your "my player" files are corrupted then you'll have to start over.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #1343
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Does your My Player abilities like Post Spin, Post Drive, Post Fadeaway, etc. go up the more you use it, or is the only way for it to go up is by using skill points?

Skill Points to build abilities
Old 12-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #1344
Rookie

OVR: 0

How long until I get my shoe? Im 2 games past all-star break but didnt make the team due to being injured 4 times causing me to miss alot of games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »