Home

NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm glad you finally realize this.
Was there a time that I didn't? You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder and I'm not sure why. You always this randomly angry? All I did was tell you how nonsensical your point was about it "never being done before". Sorry if that ruffled your feathers, but a simple "yeah, I guess you're right" would have sufficed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't anybody just edit the 66 season game schedule and put upload it on 2K Share? Is that possible?
Old 12-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
66 game schedule is a issue ? smh this is 100% likely to never happen again but people want it in the game as a option. Get off the game and watch some preseason games
It won't happen for years but it happened this year-- and is relevant immersion-wise the entire time we'll be playing this year's game, unless you play many seasons. I only made it through the majority of the first last year in MyPlayer.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #44
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

2K, in the future, just allow "Season Length" to be edited before each year of the Association Mode. That way people could do 58 this year and 82 next time. It really isn't an issue though. I thought it was crazy to ask them to patch that in the first place. It would have been nice but I didn't expect it.

As I said, I have never seen HUDS (is that the right term for in game text/options) added/removed from the game.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 3

I'm reading all kinds of funny *** **** again from people who are obviously must be stock holders or something, defending 2K like their family. lol
PR guy saying impossible=they lazy to do it
How come Morrowind could add whole continents and cities to it's game like 6-7 years ago? How come 2K could add the Legends dlc? I feel like asking Allen Iverson about practice. IT'S JUST A SCHEDULE!!! Keeps repeating it's not that important, but he just lazy and everybody knows it.

Well I don't know what I was expecting from their coders... they can't even fix arena sounds for the third year. Now THIS is some funny *** ****. Feature? My *** Meh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #46
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
As I said, I have never seen HUDS (is that the right term for in game text/options) added/removed from the game.
They added such a feature this year, and us PC users can verify this. My "Online Data" folder is full of additional files that have been downloaded automatically and silently without even a patch. Subtle changes, mind you, but when I first created a MyPlayer days after release, it wouldn't check for profanity in the Last Name, but now it does. No patch has been released for the PC, but all the .iff files can be updated silenty (just like the Roster), and they have been doing just that.

And I now the HUDS (and no, the correct words are interface and features) have been updated too, since I can see files like "englishfe.iff" having been downloaded in my Online Data folder, where fe means "front-end", a.k.a. the interface.

So they can change text and patch things here and there, just nothing that is actually part of the codebase. The code of the game is in nba2k12.exe, which can't be updated silently, and needs a patch that's separate for every Digital Distributor and region, etc. But things like text and art that are not hard-coded but are in the .iff files can and are updated silently and without a patch.

And no, a 66 game season is a core feature change that would require a patch. And from my programming experience, it can be done, but it would have to be planned beforehand, as it would require lots of testing, something that is kind of a luxury for 2K right now. Well, testing proved to be a luxury for the whole game actually, judging by the number of glitches it had on release. I guess the lay-offs didn't do 2K any good, and most of its QA department is now gone, or underpaid (and thus not willing to do their job right), or just under-qualified. I'm just speculating here, but it's one quite possible explanation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »