Home

NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #33
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
You see what you want to see.

I think 2K has done a great job of providing roster updates along the way, ensuring that most players in the game play like their real life counterparts. Sure there are little art modifications here and there that need to be done, but the big picture of the post-release support is pretty good. It's as good as I ever remember it being in the 2K series, and I've been playing since 2K3.

On topic - JR Smith in the game, and he brings some JR Smith cheese along with his arrival. This guy can light it up in this game. He has the perfect blend of Swiss and Cheddar, the Swiss being he can get to the rim and finish with a nasty dunk, the Cheddar being he can spot up and hit the 3. It's a perfect blend of 2 fine cheeses.
I have to agree with you fluent. I was kinda unsatisfied at first but by now they have all the players I was hoping for.
I'm quite satisfied.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
I'm disappointed with the roster as well.

The only reason why I'm waiting for the official roster update from 2k is because I want all rookies to look like their real life counterparts. You can't get that from custom rosters - in consoles at least. If I can custom rosters with real cyberfaces on all rookies, then I won't be needing their crappy rosters.
No that's not true coustom roster makers have real rooks as well....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #35
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Inclu

Quote:
Are you talking about custom rosters for PS3?
Yeah, go to 2K Share and try out my roster.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sters-130.html

Has all the rookie cyberfaces we were given

EDIT: By no means did I mean to promote my roster using this thread, just about every custom roster released for PS3 after christmas will have cyberfaced rookies

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 02-20-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #36
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Inclu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Yeah, go to 2K Share and try out my roster.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sters-130.html

Has all the rookie cyberfaces we were given

EDIT: By no means did I mean to promote my roster using this thread, just about every custom roster released for PS3 after christmas will have cyberfaced rookies
Yeah I tried your roster man, when I downloaded it, all rookies had generic faces. maybe I downloaded an older version.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

so pekovic still hasnt been updated? i guess its supply and demand. more people will use the knicks so who cares about being fair.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #38
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Yeah I tried your roster man, when I downloaded it, all rookies had generic faces. maybe I downloaded an older version.
Like my last post said...

Any update in 2012 has cyberfaces. The ones in early november and december were before the cyberfaces were given and obviously do not have cyberfaces.

Every new one has cyberfaces. That means you hadn't even tried since the NBA season started. We arent making it up lol

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 02-20-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #39
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
so pekovic still hasnt been updated? i guess its supply and demand. more people will use the knicks so who cares about being fair.

PPG RPG BPG FG% FT%
Pekovic 16.6 9.93 1.06 61.8 76.3
Marc Gasol 15.6 9.8 2.73 46.9 80.5

It seems 2K is mainly updating the popular guys. That is from the last 15 games. I am not saying Pekovic is as good all around as Gasol but that just shows you he probably needs an update based off his recent play
Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #40
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6

I bet if Jeremy Lin wasn't in the game before he went on this run, 2K would find a way to get him in the game, cyberface/portrait and all.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

NBA: Bulls (Secondary Team: Hornets)
NFL: Colts
NHL: Blues
MLB: Mariners

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »