Home

Virtual Currency frustration

This is a discussion on Virtual Currency frustration within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Virtual Currency frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreezeNY
Comments like this is the reason why 2k still takes advantage of us.
not really. they take advantage of us because thats what businesses do. its called maximizing profits.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love the VC system...

Yes it does take some time to earn a lot of VC, but that is going to give the game more replay value in my opinion. Over the course of an entire year playing nba 2k13, you will earn so much VC, probably more than you realize at this point...

I do agree on clothes being overpriced. This is my only complaint. I can max out one of myPlayer's attributes before I can buy most of that stuff... That is a little weird to me.

www.youtube.com/Tstrider20
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

It is insane that you have to pay like 20 bucks for a pair of VIRTUAL earrings. Hell, I paid that much for mine in REAL LIFE!

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
not really. they take advantage of us because thats what businesses do. its called maximizing profits.
My point is you're basically saying "well hey the VC system isn't as bad as you think it just takes hard work" when in reality the system is pretty horrible.

The structure of having real contracts are taken out in exchange for VC, you negotiate your contract in VC, you get paid yearly in VC, in order to improve your player 2k decided that they'll implement a system where you essentially pay to get better. That's shameful and people need to stand up against it, if you as a consumer don't have a problem with what they're doing they will continue to do it.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreezeNY
My point is you're basically saying "well hey the VC system isn't as bad as you think it just takes hard work" when in reality the system is pretty horrible.

The structure of having real contracts are taken out in exchange for VC, you negotiate your contract in VC, you get paid yearly in VC, in order to improve your player 2k decided that they'll implement a system where you essentially pay to get better. That's shameful and people need to stand up against it, if you as a consumer don't have a problem with what they're doing they will continue to do it.
like i said, i played 5 games and earned around 3,000 VC. i bought a double wristband and a sweatband for my player and also improved my players inside scoring ratings from 64 to 72, improved his mid range rating from 72 to 78 and improved his 3 point shot from 64 to 70. i did all of that using less than 3,000 VC which i only played 5 total games in different game modes to earn.

your the one that is making it seem so bad, but in reality it isnt. you dont have to pay a cent to improve your player and buy accessories.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Y'all do realize you gain VC for like play now games and Association games too right.
Yes you do but I'd honestly be rather playing as myplayer rather than playing random games just to milk VC. The mode already drags seeing as you can't sim.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
Rookie

xxjustblazexx's Arena

OVR: 3

And i want to be careful about this subject because i honestly dont believe 2k is such a money hungry company, I hope they remember the days when their games were 20$ just to compete. I dont think they realize just HOW difficult obtaining VC is... And i wonder how guys are earning more than 500VC a game cause that is the most i have EVER earned

favorite teams:
OKC Thunder
Seattle Seahawks
University of miami (college football)
University of louisville (college basketball)
Devin hester!! Terrence Williams!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Maybe they will add an update and we can gamble VC on the plane like the real players do lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »