Home

Virtual Currency frustration

This is a discussion on Virtual Currency frustration within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Virtual Currency frustration

Hmm well I'm looking at the calendar and it says Oct. 4 2012... So 2 days after game release, I don't think you're meant to have Lebron on your MyTeam. If people want to pay real $ for it, that's the benefit they receive. What I don't think you're getting is that VC is supposed to be a long process. People are going to be playing this game all year. It'd be stupid to unlock everything in the first week.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I like the VC system but as the OP said the economics are off, things are way too expensive...not everyone is going to play this game 10 hours a day just to get a t-shirt..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
Rookie

xxjustblazexx's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I like the VC system but as the OP said the economics are off, things are way too expensive...not everyone is going to play this game 10 hours a day just to get a t-shirt..
Right, this is exactly what i meant, i was the 15th pick in the draft, i dont expect to be a 99ovr in one year, but i should be able to be higher than i am, my stats dont allow me to hit open shots sometimes. Also, for anyone who has played MyTeam, when you open packs, are there players in them? I have yet to recieve a player and i have bought 2 gold packs and a couple bronze.

favorite teams:
OKC Thunder
Seattle Seahawks
University of miami (college football)
University of louisville (college basketball)
Devin hester!! Terrence Williams!!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjustblazexx
Right, this is exactly what i meant, i was the 15th pick in the draft, i dont expect to be a 99ovr in one year, but i should be able to be higher than i am, my stats dont allow me to hit open shots sometimes. Also, for anyone who has played MyTeam, when you open packs, are there players in them? I have yet to recieve a player and i have bought 2 gold packs and a couple bronze.
No, the booster packs are just that. If you read the description it tells you that it's just boosts, courts, jerseys and playbooks i think. In MyTeam you can buy a player to get your roster up to 13 players and then you can start "selling" a player and "buying" a player at basically 1 to 1 of VC so you can get the starting lineup of bronze players that you want.

I think the VC system is screwed up as well when it comes to MyTEAM. 10,000 VC for a silver player?! Damn! At 300 VC (approx.) that equals 33 games played to buy 1 player who's not that good?! They have overpriced everything so that we get impatient and end up buying VC in micro-transactions.

Does anyone remember Freestyle Street Basketball? It was an online 3 on 3 game for PC. Loved that game and it was my first introduction with microtransactions (think: farmville). It was a free game that i spent probably $80 on over the course of a year and a half... damn.

All in all, what this means is that i'm not playing online if people are using "Mom's" credit card to buy perfect teams in MyTEAM or getting 99's in myPlayer after 4 days. They should have kept the skill point system for MP and made similar system for MyTeam. It's a money grab from 2K and they will make a lot of extra money from it but they'll be making exactly $0 from me.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

All this money from VC sales is probably going straight to JayZ.

It is so stupid that you actually need to spend the equivalent of real money to buy things like unbranded sleeves and wristbands for myplayer.

And all the branded stuff is myplayer exclusive, so even players like D-Rose can't even wear the adidas gear in other modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Yea the my team is flawed.There has to be a more even playin ground.I thought they said there was a salary cap in the mode so these All Star teams wern't possible? Money over everything i guess...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #23
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigYellow21
All this money from VC sales is probably going straight to JayZ.

It is so stupid that you actually need to spend the equivalent of real money to buy things like unbranded sleeves and wristbands for myplayer.

And all the branded stuff is myplayer exclusive, so even players like D-Rose can't even wear the adidas gear in other modes.

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlane007
No, the booster packs are just that. If you read the description it tells you that it's just boosts, courts, jerseys and playbooks i think. In MyTeam you can buy a player to get your roster up to 13 players and then you can start "selling" a player and "buying" a player at basically 1 to 1 of VC so you can get the starting lineup of bronze players that you want.

I think the VC system is screwed up as well when it comes to MyTEAM. 10,000 VC for a silver player?! Damn! At 300 VC (approx.) that equals 33 games played to buy 1 player who's not that good?! They have overpriced everything so that we get impatient and end up buying VC in micro-transactions.

Does anyone remember Freestyle Street Basketball? It was an online 3 on 3 game for PC. Loved that game and it was my first introduction with microtransactions (think: farmville). It was a free game that i spent probably $80 on over the course of a year and a half... damn.

All in all, what this means is that i'm not playing online if people are using "Mom's" credit card to buy perfect teams in MyTEAM or getting 99's in myPlayer after 4 days. They should have kept the skill point system for MP and made similar system for MyTeam. It's a money grab from 2K and they will make a lot of extra money from it but they'll be making exactly $0 from me.
You do get players, I got Dell Curry and another legend PG that's name is eluding me right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »