Home

NBA 2K13: Network problems, again ? ...

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Network problems, again ? ... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 33
NBA 2K13: Network problems, again ? ...

Hi to all, sorry to brought this up but I havent been able to play an entire game online, be it quick match, teamup or an Online association match ... since yesterday, I have initiated over 20 games in total (between all modes) and have yet to complete a single one of them due to drops ... even more, in an OA association game, I received the invite (the third one, after having the drop on the previous two, these while in 1st qtr play) and while we were on the jersey selection screen the game dropped.

I am experiencing, apparently, 2-3 different issues ? In order of the most common:
- Your opponent has left the match (confirmed they didnt and they received the message as well as if I did).
- No more players left (on teamup, private or ranked)
- The game cant continue due to network problems (occurred twice)
- The game cant continue due to poor conditions (occurred once)

Some details:

Console: PS3
The game disc has no scratchs
The game runs without problems offline
The PS3 runs fine every other game online as well as offline
The game ran online fine since I bought it (Oct 6th) and up to yesterday when it didnt nor did today
Tag: ffaacc03
Region: EUA

Made this thread for two main reasons:
- for others that might be suffereing the same issue, so they can confirm this
- for 2k to get to know that this issue is recurrent and for them to provide a fix

Recurrent ? ... yes, as this reminds me a lot of the issue that happened in 2K12 after the DLC release ... the one that required us to erase the game data, again and again ... did it mor than 6 time for 2k12 ... I havent erased the game data because I need confirmation from 2k that this is the way to go, yet again.

I usually play offline the majority of the time but the recurrence of such irritating issue has taken away the motivation to even put the game on ... it is frustrating to an enraging point, and I rarely get to that point (if ever), that be it due to the same reasons or because of new ones, the same issue presents itself for a second time: cant play online ... we are in need of a definitive answer/fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K13: Network problems, again ? ...

My 25 online association's friends and I cosign this. We're still experiencing major disconnection issues and it's ruining the experience. I had made a topic about this aswell.

I hope not but I really fear 2K isn't even aware of the issue.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
MVP

Couldnt wait on a 2k response due to my OA, so went ahead and followed the steps posted in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-problems.html , thus there isnt an online data save file for PS3, erased everything and nothing ! ... this was the case last year, which even resulted on a thread (cant find it, lol) that had thousends of views and hundreds of post and where 2k even recommended people to do that (workaround, not fix), but the workaround is no more for 2k13.

For teamup and quick matches says the "network problem/error" message, for online association says the "waiting for the other player ... no players left on this game" ... cant play online at all !

Am genuinely helpless/frustrated/irritated ... the GOAT (no sarcastic), with the ultimate issue, go figure.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
MVP

After meticulously doing all over again, deleting everything from game data to utility data ... saw a message that poped up after the one that says that in order for some features to function you need to be signed on ... the new message said that I wasnt connected to 2k servers ... the funny thing is that I can access 2k share, the online part of inviting and getting invited, the search for a match and even play in one, is just that the games get all dropped ... at least now I know it isnt an issue that has to do with me, but with 2k.

So anyone, please comunicate this to the engeneer/technicians/devs that may help me (as well as others) out.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8

It's not just you...I have literally incurred probably 15 "losses" onto my record in the past couple of days in the same manner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

FF, Pm'd you but wanted to put this out for everyone.

There has to be an online data file on the PS3, where else is 2k gonna save the online updates? Did you check in your dashboard memory area for the files?

Also wireless connection or wired?
Have you tried resetting your router anytime during this?

Is it a countdown then drop or straight drop? Are you still online after getting dropped by 2k?

I know from experience (360-side) that deleting the files usually fixes the problem. The other solution that I've seen give results is resetting your router.

I believe that 2k has their 'settings' too tight for online play other than ranked mode, where the settings are more 'open' for the masses.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
FF, Pm'd you but wanted to put this out for everyone.

There has to be an online data file on the PS3, where else is 2k gonna save the online updates? Did you check in your dashboard memory area for the files?

Also wireless connection or wired?
Have you tried resetting your router anytime during this?

Is it a countdown then drop or straight drop? Are you still online after getting dropped by 2k?

I know from experience (360-side) that deleting the files usually fixes the problem. The other solution that I've seen give results is resetting your router.

I believe that 2k has their 'settings' too tight for online play other than ranked mode, where the settings are more 'open' for the masses.
There is no online file, at least not separately ... there is a game file and a patch file, both deleted ... there are also settings file, profile file, 3 OA files and 3 roster files ... all but the rosters & profile, deleted.

Last year there was something similar, apparently triggered by the DLC, its solution was to delete the game and patch files ... it was more of a workaround as the problem kept going on from time to time ... I did it 6 times for 2k12.

Now, for 2k13, I have done it and nothing ... I never lose online connection, I dont even get a loss after the drop ... the game even starts and sometime after, usually before 1st quarter ends, the game drops ... I can even connect to 2kshare and download things.

Teamup gets no timer running out and just a sudden drop with a message that due to network problems the game couldnt continue.

OA ranked matches sometime gets the timer but mostly the same sudden drop with a message that says that there are no players left or that it cant continue due to network problems.

Private matches sometimes go through and while ingame they drop, other times it doesnt even let the match be set and states that due to a problem the match cant be set.

I have a wireless connection and have yet to reset the router but dont think it has to do with this ... will try it tho ... I do remember that from my third time deleting all, I saw a pop up that stated I had no connection with 2k servers but after taking the game out and in again, did not saw it.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

I have no issues accessing 2k13 servers from my PS3. I haven't been able to access 2k13 servers from my xbox for past couple of weeks. Interestingly, I didn't have any trouble accessing the 2k12 servers from my xbox up until they took those down last week. What the heck?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »