Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-3-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw
Basketball is not a stat based game
Actually, most team sports are. Especially basketball...but that's not the point. Why on earth does an inefficient volume scorer like J.R. Smith deserve a higher consistency rating than Chandler Parsons and John Wall?
I'm just asking because everyone knows that Smith is streaky as hell. So why should 2k improve his consistency if he's as inconsistent as always?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
Who said we weren't accounting for minutes?

JR Smith is shooting a career-low of 30+ minutes and increased shot attempts. Therefore, he shouldn't have as high consistency that he has.

You may not have a problem with Shumpert getting bumped, but has he been a consistent shooter since his return?

Meanwhile, a guy like Enes Kanter is averaging 7.2 ppg and 4.3 rpg in 15 minutes. His rebounding ratings and midrange shot (which he is also improving) are way too low.

I'm not even going to comment on Hayward. That's just ridiculous. No excuse for not upgrading him. Refer to Streaky's post.
Yeah I'd say 43% from 3 is pretty consistent...
Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

in defence of jr.: he is second in command on the knicks(even though he comes off the bench) and he filled in nicely when melo was away.. he was asked to go out and be aggressive, and thats what he did

say what you want about his percentages.. .but he is having a career year in practically every category, and as mentioned before, a really GOOD candidate for 6th man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
Who said we weren't accounting for minutes?

JR Smith is shooting a career-low of 30+ minutes and increased shot attempts. Therefore, he shouldn't have as high consistency that he has.

You may not have a problem with Shumpert getting bumped, but has he been a consistent shooter since his return?

Meanwhile, a guy like Enes Kanter is averaging 7.2 ppg and 4.3 rpg in 15 minutes. His rebounding ratings and midrange shot (which he is also improving) are way too low.

I'm not even going to comment on Hayward. That's just ridiculous. No excuse for not upgrading him. Refer to Streaky's post.
I mean come on now beginning of the season they were considering JR Smith 6th man of the year... then he went into a slump... then Carmelo went out with an Injury and it was just him carrying the Knicks... and recently he has been a LITTLE more consistent...

Iman was not good when he first came back but recently he's been playing better

I don't see Kanter getting a boost until he gets significant minutes...

I agree with Gordon Haywood not being updated that is pretty crazy but the Jazz have been pretty bad this year and before they went on this 5 game winning streak they were playing AWFUL while being healthy...
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Actually, most team sports are. Especially basketball...but that's not the point. Why on earth does an inefficient volume scorer like J.R. Smith deserve a higher consistency rating than Chandler Parsons and John Wall?
I'm just asking because everyone knows that Smith is streaky as hell. So why should 2k improve his consistency if he's as inconsistent as always?
Stats can't calculate hustle per possession and they can't calculate a players skill and ability it can only record makes or misses but nothing in between.. which is why I don't really like stats too much

and can you honestly say that Chandler Parson is better than JR Smith??
Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #54
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I mean come on now beginning of the season they were considering JR Smith 6th man of the year... then he went into a slump... then Carmelo went out with an Injury and it was just him carrying the Knicks... and recently he has been a LITTLE more consistent...

Iman was not good when he first came back but recently he's been playing better

I don't see Kanter getting a boost until he gets significant minutes...

I agree with Gordon Haywood not being updated that is pretty crazy but the Jazz have been pretty bad this year and before they went on this 5 game winning streak they were playing AWFUL while being healthy...
Regarding the Jazz, how does that come into effect with Hayward getting updated? They upgrade Magic players all the time, and they're terrible. Besides, Utah is a great team for how young they are. How have they been, "pretty bad?"

I don't think players should get increases if they are on a short hot streak. If they are playing well for a month or so, then upgrade him. A few games where a guy like JR is killin' it? I don't think so.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #55
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Stats can't calculate hustle per possession and they can't calculate a players skill and ability it can only record makes or misses but nothing in between.. which is why I don't really like stats too much

and can you honestly say that Chandler Parson is better than JR Smith??
Yes, I firmly believe Chandler Parsons is a better overall player than JR. JR is a scorer, Parsons is a much more efficient player on both sides of the court.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #56
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

I was trying to avoid this conversation, but know I feel like that I got to jump in.

Quote:
Basketball is not a stat based game.
I'm calling B.S. right now. Basketball IS a stat-based game. Period. There are some intangibles that can't be measured, but most of the NBA 2K ratings can be DIRECTLY linked to a basketball stat.

Anytime I read this comment, it's always someone who want to give out ratings based on "reputation" and "overall career" instead of the CURRENT season that the player is playing now.

When I examine the New York Knicks roster, Smith, Shumpert, Kidd, Martin, and Camby are more than likely overrated. However, I'll get to that in a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
2k 101= overall doesn't matter
Wrong. Although overall doesn't matter in the big picture in user to user games, it is an EXCELLENT barometer to compare players at the same position. Personally, I find it INSANE that a player averaging 29.0 MPG, 14.2 PPG, 3.1 RPG, and 2.9 APG while shooting 43.3 FG% and 40.8 3PT% is ranked LOWER than someone who's averaging 6.5 MPG, 1.8 PPG, .7 RPG, and .4 APG while shooting 41.6 FG% and 33.3 3PT%. Come on, Son.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »