Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the Madden series have roster updates every week and MANY players are updated. NBA Live 10 was able to update their rosters daily...to my knowledge.
Yeah, you're probably right. Don't play Madden at all, tried it only once a few years ago, so I don't know much about it....

About Live 10, didn't they change ratings on a daily basis? I don't know if that's the way to go, since if a player has a few poor shooting nights, it's not because he has lost any skill...so maybe attributes like hustle/consistency could be affected by real life stuff, but in my opinion ratings should no be changed on a short term basis at all...

But they've hired Leftos and he did all that stat tracker stuff, so maybe at least the default base roster will make some sense in 2k14...
Old 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #34
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Marc Gasol 70. Al Horford 80. josh Smith 86. John Petro 84.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
What's his mid rating currently? Haven't downloaded official rosters lately. He's shooting 49% in real life, did 2k adjust any big men shooting ratings?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Marc Gasol 70. Al Horford 80. josh Smith 86. John Petro 84.
lol@Josh Smith...so shooting 30% this year gives you an 86 rating...sounds about right...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Yeah, you're probably right. Don't play Madden at all, tried it only once a few years ago, so I don't know much about it....

About Live 10, didn't they change ratings on a daily basis? I don't know if that's the way to go, since if a player has a few poor shooting nights, it's not because he has lost any skill...so maybe attributes like hustle/consistency could be affected by real life stuff, but in my opinion ratings should no be changed on a short term basis at all...

But they've hired Leftos and he did all that stat tracker stuff, so maybe at least the default base roster will make some sense in 2k14...
it wasnt realy like that... a bad stretch by a good player wouldnt drop their base rating significantly.. but they incorporated hot and cold streaks as well

Old 04-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzz24
The only light at the end of the tunnel is that 2k, while a long ways to go, still has a LOT of room for improvement for next year's title...which I won't be buying until/unless some aspects of the game are improved with more classic teams ('93 Suns), upgrades of classic players (like Bird), better updates (both accessory and roster), etc. It's incredible to me that if something happens with the Lakers, 2k is all over it like maggots on moldy beans, but with my hometown Suns...NOTHING!
Not buying based on roster update inability is understandable but not buying because the 93 suns aren't in us a stretch IMO.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #38
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Rosters have been pathetic and ignored this whole gen for what 8 years and nothing has changed.
Ignored? No. Could they be improved? Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
I'll tell you what, LD2k, I'm incredibly disappointed by the rosters, and I'm not the only one.
I can't reiterate this enough, but this has been a huge focus going forward. I am here, reading the feedback. We've had some great discussions with the NBA 2K Insider about streamlining this entire process.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #39
Banned

Also not to mention. Dwight Howard had the most accessory updates of any player.

Headband, no headband, undershirt, ECT.

It's unreal. If you don't play for the Lakers, Heat or Thunder, you don't matter.

C'mon 2k there's 27 more teams in the damn league.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Ignored? No. Could they be improved? Yes.

they can be improved DRAMATICALLY!!!

I can't reiterate this enough, but this has been a huge focus going forward. I am here, reading the feedback. We've had some great discussions with the NBA 2K Insider about streamlining this entire process.

We can only hope you're serious. The community needs a DEDICATED insider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »