Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
Also not to mention. Dwight Howard had the most accessory updates of any player.

Headband, no headband, undershirt, ECT.

It's unreal. If you don't play for the Lakers, Heat or Thunder, you don't matter.

C'mon 2k there's 27 more teams in the damn league.
To be fair, the Thunders didn't really get an update until around last year. When they were the Seattle Supersonics and starting out as the Oklahoma City Thunders, they were not updated that often by 2K in their past NBA 2K games with. Kevin Durant was the only one that actually got updates, but even then it wasn't that huge until NBA 2K10.

It is still not fair to smaller market teams, but at least the fans that have been pushing for the Supersonics and the Thunders to get updates all those years finally have their wish granted.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #50
Rookie

Disregard the comment above mine. That was my cousin and he was using my computer. I didn't start playing NBA 2K until 2K11, so I can't back up his statement.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #51
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13)

Time to scrap the 2k insider. Until this happens nobody will take your rosters or them getting fixed seriously.

I'm a Milwaukee Bucks fan. We all know nothing will ever change until Herb Kohl is gone. Same with the 2k insider.

He is the problem. Unless 2k sports says hey 2k insider your on the clock you got 30 minutes of time for the next roster update and that's it. If the 2k insider is given a larger amount of time or even all the time he wants than he is the problem.

If the 2k insiders job is to watch a ton of basketball games and work on rosters 40 hrs a week than case closed.

M

Last edited by JZ2; 04-18-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #52
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Time to scrap the 2k insider. Until this happens nobody will take your rosters or them getting fixed seriously.

I'm a Milwaukee Bucks fan. We all know nothing will ever change until Herb Kohl is gone. Same with the 2k insider.

He is the problem. Unless 2k sports says hey 2k insider your on the clock you got 30 minutes of time for the next roster update and that's it. If the 2k insider is given a larger amount of time or even all the time he wants than he is the problem.

If the 2k insiders job is to watch a ton of basketball games and work on rosters 40 hrs a week than case closed.

M
So he has your vote or...?

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Last edited by LD2k; 04-18-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #53
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

You need someone that understands video game basketball and how ratings affect the game and can break a game.

2k insider does not understand this. Quick example is how allot of power forwards and Centers have 80+ fg rating and drain jump shots like they are all Kevin Garnett. Theres only a few big man that are money with their jumper. This is why the Clippers wanted to trade for Garnett at the deadline. They wanted to spread the defense out for Paul to have more room to work and Griffin.

But in 2k insider world he had Griffin with a 80+ mid range rating which makes him money almost anywhere on the floor. In 2k insider world the Clippers don't need Garnett.

These are ratings that break the game just one example. You cant have bigs that can shoot lights out from anywhere on the court. You need someone that understands that. Someone of both worlds that knows allot about the NBA and video game basketball.

Can't have game breaking ratings. They can be abused. Give a 50 overall baddie a 90 overall 3pt shot and hes shooting lights out like hes Stephen Curry. Same with a 50 overall player with a 90 block. These players become just as good as top players bc that rating alone can take over a game. Same with when you give 7 footers a 80+ mid range jumper. How do you defend a 7ft player with the same rid range rating as Kobe?

I could honestly write a 20 page essay on video game player ratings and the do's and don'ts.

I don't do my own ratings because 1 person can't do ratings without being biased.

Last edited by JZ2; 04-18-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #54
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
So he has your vote or...?

I do not have the info on the 2k insider to make that decision. I don't wish anyone to get fired or lose there job without having all the information.

Its kept so secret after all these years we don't know if the 2k insider is one man doing rosters or a group of people. Could be 2k devs who try to make time once a week to do a roster update. Im sure the devs are so busy working on 2k14 that how could they make time for rosters.

But if the 2k insiders job is to take as much time as he needs and put out the best rosters as possible and that's it than he should be fired "YES".

If rosters is just one responsibility of many he has than 2k needs to change that or get him help.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 19
The fact that EA can update their madden rosters weekly and 100+ players are updated just doesn't make sense.

EA has ONE guy dedicated to making their rosters accurate.
They have 1000+ more players to keep track of and update.

We have one guy that can't knock out 15 players let alone get the rating and attributes right.

2k insider is a soft topic to discuss about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 19
And my last post wasn't meant to start a company argument war.

Ill refer to them as "the other company".

Last edited by iRepIndiana; 04-18-2013 at 02:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »