Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #41
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (4-16-13)

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Ignored? No. Could they be improved? Yes.

I can't reiterate this enough, but this has been a huge focus going forward. I am here, reading the feedback. We've had some great discussions with the NBA 2K Insider about streamlining this entire process.
And using a CAP template for rookies that get put in game late just is a sorry excuse for an update. IMO.

Some guys look like a myplayer creation.

We just want a dedicated insider that isn't gonna BS us. I mean he has ONE job to do and he does it halfway.

If I do my job with half the effort I lose it.

Just thought is voice my opinion while you were in this thread.

Last edited by iRepIndiana; 04-18-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #43
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Ignored? No. Could they be improved? Yes.

I can't reiterate this enough, but this has been a huge focus going forward. I am here, reading the feedback. We've had some great discussions with the NBA 2K Insider about streamlining this entire process.
Your delusional if you think 15 mins spent a week on roster updates is not almost being completely ignored.

We don't even need weekly roster updates. Just put work into them. Maybe every 2 weeks or 1 month all the players get looked at and adjusted accordingly.

This response by LD2K is why there is no hope. It explains everything on how people at 2k feel about the rosters. They feel their rosters are solid but not great. We are saying they are complete trash and I'll take anyone's rosters on OS over the 2k insider and his 15 min work week.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #44
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

JZ2, Just because we don't "like" something doesn't mean it can be easily "fixed," but as I mentioned, it's a big focus moving forward.

There is hope.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 04-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #45
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

When you guys at 2k sports work on NBA 2k14's rosters buy me a plane ticket and fly me in and I'll help on the rosters for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #46
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Where is the info for the PC patch...it's almost May! Where's my hope in getting it this month?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #47
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

Quote:
JZ2, Just because we don't "like" something doesn't mean it can be easily "fixed," but as I mentioned, it's a big focus moving forward.

There is hope.
I understand. I do think the rosters can be easily fixed though. My issues with the rosters are the ratings and players that never get the time of day. When a player like Dwight Howard gets a update every time he has a good game and a player like Gordon Hayward or Jeff Teague doesn't see a update the whole year that's a problem.

I'm not done with NBA 2k13 as I have a Xbox 360 arriving any minute and bought NBA 2k13 for a 3rd time last night. And I am looking forward to trying Rashadi's rosters. I need NBA 2k13 to get me through to NCAA football 14.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
We've had some great discussions with the NBA 2K Insider about streamlining this entire process.
Don't want to come off as rude, so please don't take this the wrong way...but what are you even talking about when you say "streamlining"? English is not my first language, even looked the word up...and it simply makes no sense at all. What should be "streamlined"?

The fact that 18 real players are still missing and have not even been added with some generic faces to at least have them in the game at all?
Inaccurate ratings that simply do not recreate the real NBA, but rather
some fantasy league that only exists in the minds of superstar fanboys?

Let's say developing the game under the pressure of an already fixed release date leads to problems, so I could imagine it's impossible to focus on that stuff before the game is released.

But here we are 6 months later, 2k still insisting on the "2k insider" marketing gimmick...what should be "streamlined" exactly, if the guy responsible for ratings apparently thinks that Josh Smith is one of the best midrange players in the world?
If Gordon Hayward and Andre Iguodala had the same draft combine verticals, yet the unknown Utah player gets the same vert rating as some big man stiff?

I mean which league is "he" watching? Because it sure isn't the NBA you can follow on TV...Now a lot of the "I could do better" talk is simply nonsense, at least related to game design, programming and so on.
But if we're strictly talking about getting 2k rosters as realistic as possible, then yeah...I could do better. And I'd love to, so I don't get how you can screw up at this dream job so badly.

If the focus is not the real NBA, I get that and the current strategy has proven to be successful, so I can't argue with anything. But if the idea is really to "simulate" the real league, we don't need streamlining, social media integration, the insider or whatever marketing comes up with, but simply someone who loves basketball and cares about doing his job how it's supposed to.

Again...if realism is not the focus (and it shouldn't, since it's a business), I kinda take back anything, because maybe the "insider" is doing exactly what he's supposed to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »