Home

NBA 2K14 - What the 2K Team-Up Members Thought of the New Blocking System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 - What the 2K Team-Up Members Thought of the New Blocking System within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #41
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K14 - What the 2K Team-Up Members Thought of the New Blocking System

I'm excited this can happen. Not how often I can tell it's going too happen. For those who have league pass or watch basketball religiously know this doesn't happen that often. It should happen during the game yes but it shouldn't be an selling point IMHO. The way all these guys seemed excited about seems like it happened very often. Hopefully we can tone it down will see good work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #42
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Honestly all this team up junk has me less excited about the game as I was previous years. News on a new blocking system should've been included in an overall impressions video or in a defense dev insight with video included. We aren't all kids we can retain information..So give us info worth opening up my web browser, YouTube or twitter for.
I think what's annoying about this is its being force fed to us and they are basically making us watch these videos to learn about things in the game. I never go on you tube and watch any videos. I don't know who any of these guys were before I went to team up last year. They were all cool guys and all, but I'd rather read a developer blog or insight. I feel like I wasted 30 minutes of my life listening to 6 guys saying the same thing hoping I'd hear some different take or breakdown of it! Lol
Old 08-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #43
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I think what's annoying about this is its being force fed to us and they are basically making us watch these videos to learn about things in the game. I never go on you tube and watch any videos. I don't know who any of these guys were before I went to team up last year. They were all cool guys and all, but I'd rather read a developer blog or insight. I feel like I wasted 30 minutes of my life listening to 6 guys saying the same thing hoping I'd hear some different take or breakdown of it! Lol
Stuff is coming.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I miss the dev insights! I loved reading those blogs with all the detailed information!
I'm with you one thousand billion kajillion percent. All new information is cool and I welcome the news on the block system, but random folk chatting on YouTube with little substance just does not do it for me (no disrespect to those folks). As such, I do not watch those videos.

I definitely miss the detailed write ups, particularly when they were supplemented with a video. It was sweet when we got this: http://www.operationsports.com/featu...t-10-controls/

Excerpt:
Quote:
We tightened up a number of other aspects of dribbling: cuts, stops, etc. Collectively, these changes have made a significant improvement to the overall feel that we think you guys will appreciate. But the last thing I want to mention about the dribbler is this idea of explosiveness. The dribbler in NBA2K11 was smooth… almost too smooth. One of the things that separate a great ball handler from a poor one in the NBA, is the ability to change speeds on a dime. So when a Derrick Rose or Chris Paul takes you off the dribble with their first step, they don’t slowly accelerate… they explode off the bounce with a blur. In NBA2K12, we added a number of new dribble moves and launches that bring this aspect of real life dribbling into our game. For example, if you perform a size up, hesitation, or stepback move, you can quickly move the left stick in one of four directions to queue up an explosive first step:

Toward the ball hand = Go move launch
Toward the off hand, but more toward the basket = Crossover launch
Toward the off hand, directly across the body = Behind the Back launch
Toward the off hand, but more away from the basket = Spin launch
And/or this to drive the point home:

I'm actually having a tough time remembering how things worked last year. It felt like it was a lot more social media based and dumbed down, but perhaps I just do not remember well. I'm just hoping to harken back to the detailed insights of yesteryear.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-06-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #45
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
No one is forcing you to watch the videos, it is your choice. I watched the first video and stopped but it doesnt sound like they are revealing anymore details other then: you can block dunks, the ball shouldnt warp through hands, the ball is more live this year. If you dont like the team-up community "news" then just wait until websites release their previews. Its still early august so expect to see a lot more news, and at least one trailer, in the coming weeks. My guess would be that we will see some news before gamescom and then get some gameplay videos of people demoing the game from gamescom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 17

Shake4ndBake via Twitter

"People don't realize NBA2K, ISNT REAL LIFE. Saying blocked dunks should be rare... THATS HOW IT IS IN 2k13! Expect to see around 3-5 a game"
Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #47
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
No one is forcing you to watch the videos, it is your choice. I watched the first video and stopped but it doesnt sound like they are revealing anymore details other then: you can block dunks, the ball shouldnt warp through hands, the ball is more live this year. If you dont like the team-up community "news" then just wait until websites release their previews. Its still early august so expect to see a lot more news, and at least one trailer, in the coming weeks. My guess would be that we will see some news before gamescom and then get some gameplay videos of people demoing the game from gamescom.
Obviously no one has a gun to my head but I thought maybe someone would have a different view or opinion on it so I felt compelled to watch. But thanks for your advise... Lol
Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #48
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Shake4ndBake via Twitter

"People don't realize NBA2K, ISNT REAL LIFE. Saying blocked dunks should be rare... THATS HOW IT IS IN 2k13! Expect to see around 3-5 a game"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »