Home

NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Short Video From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
There's no point in enhancing the graphics alot since this next gen is coming.
I played 2K13 yesterday and it looks good graphics-wise. What's the problem with having the same graphics (i'm sure some faces have been tweaked and such) and having improved gameplay?

Just because 13 and 14 might look alike, just like 12 and 13 look alike and people bought 13, the gaming experience will be different, and isn't that what matters?

Also, $60 isn't that much to shell out on time each year for something you can enjoy for more or less a whole year.
I think you're right about 2K finding little reason or point behind concentrating on significant current generation upgrades. But for most, again, I think the question goes well beyond, "What's the problem with having the same graphics but improved gameplay?"

When aesthetics feel largely untouched (actual drawn graphics, atmosphere, dead ball animations, presentation, assorted movements, "little things"), that tends to leave all of the improvement focus on the actual gameplay - and gameplay improvement is good. But now, the question for many will seem to be, "Is the gameplay improvement enough to warrant spending $60 on a brand new game?" Whereas in previous years, there tended to be a lot coming at gamers from various angles of the new 2K game itself: new gameplay improvements, significant NBA mode upgrades, new NBA-based modes introduced (Classics, MyPlayer, NBA-led USA Dream Team, Dunk Contest, etc.), heavy presentation alterations and yes, even improved graphics some years. In the case of the latter, there was a little more comfort in upgrading, because there seemed to be a litany of changes from many different angles.

Essentially, the wonder at this super early stage (a stage at which, by last year we already had two legitimate video developer insights on specific visual evidence of new gameplay, animations, and dribble mechanics), is whether the gaming experience is going to be different enough. After the freshness of the smooth dribbling system and paint contact wears off and becomes second nature, is every other portion of the game going to tell me I'm still playing 2K13?

Lastly, $60 is a fair chunk of change regardless of circumstance but again, I understand your logic and reasoning behind the worth gained from being able to use your product for an entire year. It's a fair point. However, I'd wonder how many folks ceased playing 2K13 six month deep or prior. For me, 2K13 had a shorter lifespan in my house than any other 2K over the past ten years. So again, the question becomes, if 2K13 lost me so soon - will 2K14 provide enough to make the game feel fresh from many angles? Will the on-court differences be enough? I do not have those answers yet, but the early return seems to raise at least a little bit of doubt, and I do not blame others for feeling the same thus far.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-23-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #106
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom

The only thing that truely gets me hype is gameplay but still I gotta admit that seeing the same scoreboard (minus the Jay Z hip hop effects) and the exact same pause menu with the same typo and all is underwhelming.

Especially since it had taken a step back from 2K12.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #107
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

3:15 - 2nd video.

Notice how when the user manually doubles the ball handler the CPU defender (thats doubling with him) has a circle indicator pop up under him with the pulsating ring... wonder what that means?

As of now the pulsating ring under the user controlled player is a indicator for intense-d and can be used for when to steal (when pulse gets biggest).
Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #108
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Short Video From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
I would really like someone from 2k explain to me why the pc version is a current-gen and not next-gen port. I thinkPC players could wait until November\December. Please 2k, do not neglect pc players. There is a lot of us, especially in Europe.
simply because the game is 20 bucks and also the major threat of pirating the PC
Old 08-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Those videos were frustrating to watch. Not a good advertisement for 2K.
The situation is simple and this anticipation of an italian website speak itself http://translate.google.it/translate...ps4-1931915%2F

It seems that for the Nba 2K14 next-gen they made a totally new game, so all the 2K forces are focused on this.

Last edited by Barbatrucco; 08-23-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #110
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
NBA 2K14 - The next-gen versions are not porting but new titles with new features - News - PS4

Created August 23, 2013 by Entertainment

Very important features that will be revealed in the near future

I have taken away our correspondents interesting information during the presentation of GamesCom 2013 NBA 2k14. Apparently the versions of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sports title are not simple porting with better graphics than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

It is, however, a completely new versions feature new and important features that will be revealed in the near future. Presumably, the news will also touch the PC version of the title, but, apparently, the developers have not revealed anything specific about it.
emphasis mine... from the link that barbatrucco put up. http://translate.google.it/translate...ps4-1931915%2F

So... maybe the PC version is a next gen version... did they already state that PC was a current gen port?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #111
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
The pc has the most potential.. far beyond NG.
potential means nothing if the games aren't made exclusively for the PC. Almost every popular game is cross platform and devs aren't going to spend extra $$$ to upgrade a PC version that most people download for free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #112
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
So... maybe the PC version is a next gen version... did they already state that PC was a current gen port?
It's going to be released the same time with the console versions so it's just an assumption that it will most likely be current gen port. It makes sense if you think about it but I would **** bricks if the news will be that the PC version will be next gen PC port.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »