Home

NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #137
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom

• Ball bounce animations have been completely redone and is way better. I think they even added physics to the ball it sure does look that way. The ball bounces faster off the ground realistically, faster off bricks and when bouncing alone. They varied up the bounces that the ball takes different paths and the ball is free to spin about own axis. Very noticeable with that European rules ball.
  • Pump fakes and jab steps are much better
  • The ball is more "live" when driving in the paint and in traffic.
  • Contact on aggressive blocks. So you have to close out with a hand up jump will increase your chance at foul. It will be much in line with reality.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #138
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #139
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

From theses videos I wonder if they've slowed the game down. I think it was too fast by default in 2K13 but I wonder if it isn't slightly too slow now. Players seem to hang too long in the air while attempting put backs and layups.

It might be the cheap recording though.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #140
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
NO WAY, there's actual contact/fouls when defenders jump into shooters when contesting....00:43 mark.

this is a big one for me. in 2k13, half of the jumpshot contests were actually fouls, but there was never any contact/collision on jumpers and pump fakes outside the paint. finally, overzealous defenders will be punished for flying into shooters. hopefully this will cut down on defenders aggressively closing out and slamming into shooters with no consequence.
I almost couldn't wait for someone to discover this. LOL been waiting patiently for it to pop up in one of these videos. I knew some of you would like that one I hope they leave it where it was when I played.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #141
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
NBA 2K14 Videos From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by michali_pds
Guys,

I have found a new video showing the introduction of NBA 2k14.

I just hope is not fake.

http://youtu.be/huQmEXoa7oo
It's just Shady00018's 2K14 Trailer vid. That's NOT the introduction. Its 2K13 gameplay. On PC.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone - now Free

Last edited by MarvinOida; 08-26-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 0

It makes me sad watching these Gamescom videos... So many steal spammers, block hustlers, drive-in-the-paint hoppers... Jeez, no one of them were playing sim basketball. I have to watch CPU offense to see some improvements in spacing or improvements in defense.

Players controlled by a user are constantly out of position (i don't know why reaching for steal in the middle of the court, or why going full speed to the player with the ball), taking bad shoots, full court passing. Really sad.

After watching this horrendous user gameplay (no dunks!!) I can imagine 2k marketing team to order developers to make game more friendly for "casual" players.

Anyway... I am waiting for Online Association info and mostly for info about improvements in play calling/play execution area. I would also like to know if there will any changes in team playbooks.

I think that current version of plays in playbook and play execution is really bad and i hope developers took some time to fix at least these problems:
- plays not working / plays are brooken
- play is broken if opponent switches defense from man-to-man to zone
- play is not properly executed (center is out of position or he is fighting for low post position or he's setting a screen on inappropriate place and time)
- play call system should be fixed. I find assigning play type to a player (let's say 3pt and mid) bad system. Why? Let's say you have 4 isolation plays, 4 low post plays, 3 3pt plays and 4 mid plays. Depending on situation I can give Durant all those plays. So Durant will have 15 plays even i would like to assign only one isolation, one 3pt, two mid plays and one low post play. In 2k11 you can assign 5 plays to a player which I find a little low number. I hope they will upgrade this 2k11 system to unlimited number of plays for particular player.

I am looking forward for more news about 2k14...
Old 08-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #143
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I almost couldn't wait for someone to discover this. LOL been waiting patiently for it to pop up in one of these videos. I knew some of you would like that one I hope they leave it where it was when I played.
i'm definitely happy about this. 2k13 bailed out defenders constantly by allowing them to jump into shooters, slam into them mid-shot, land on them mid-shot, etc....yet NEVER was a foul called. it allowed defenders to over-aggressively contest willy-nilly without having to deal with the consequences.

you'd get open, start to take your shot, then the defender would sprint at you last-second and jump at you, slamming into you in mid air...then you'd miss the shot with no foul because the game would recognize that crap as a "clean contest" even though the guy was visibly mauling you in mid air. the game was actually rewarding the person who made the bad decision (defender) and punishing the person who made the correct decision (the shooter) - totally backwards. it rewarded reckless defense rather than giving the shooter well-deserved free thows for getting open and catching the defender out of position.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-26-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #144
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Why do they still have the contested shot animation playing with no contest, I hate this in 2K13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »