Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I remember one time in the Live forum, a dev asked a couple of posters about a roster change...they told him, he immediately went in and corrected it and was like "do you guys see it now?"

If this new system can allow devs to do things like this, I am all for it...
I don't think it's the system. It's the dev-- or lack of one that really handles roster updates as a high priority responsibility.

I still don't believe there's an actual Insider. It's probably just the title given to whichever dev happens to be saddled with roster update duties along with his other duties.

Any hope in improved rosters lies with their system needing the "Insider" to do less, not more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #42
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I remember one time in the Live forum, a dev asked a couple of posters about a roster change...they told him, he immediately went in and corrected it and was like "do you guys see it now?"

If this new system can allow devs to do things like this, I am all for it...
2K Insider
Active in forums

nope.jpg
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm really hoping this new system will update the players and team tendencies and play styles to reflect how the season is currently going. Like someone posted earlier the living rosters system that 2K has been using was based more on how teams played the previous season. Also if it means that no more 2K Insider, and now means 2K is using a actual roster update SOFTWARE system, then this is great news.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #44
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I would love to believe them , but aren't they basically claiming this same thing every year? I specifically recall a commercial for 2k12 with KG, where his friend was playing as him and couldn't make a shot, and they were referencing his current real-life slump as the reason for it. I mean that's just fraudulent.

Ratings can be tricky to update daily, and honestly I don't think one or two games necessarily merits a ratings change for a player. However, it really shouldn't be hard to update simple things like transactions and injuries 2 or 3 times a week, and for the love of god, can we please get rid of all the generic shoes? I would LOVE to be able to rely on 2k for a realistic dynamic roster, but if the shoes are 1/2 generics and the playbooks are still broken, I'll still be using Rondo is God's roster......again.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #45
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm all for it I like when they change sig skills, ratings, and team roster updates.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #46
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

It will get real interesting once a player overall is lowered because they are on a cold streak for their shots.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

LOL it's amazing how many people have faith in this.

Does anyone not remember when they promised they would continuously update player art, player models, etc.? Can't remember what game that was (it was the year Michael Beasley cut his hair, but had hair in-game) but basically nothing happened and they didn't even acknowledge it.

Aside from that, this is the same game that has not changed player accessories and various other things unless the community - really the casual community that's heavy on social media - calls them out on it. (That's the only reason Kent Bazemore is being shown so much love this year, BTW, and why he was "officially" added so late in 2k13.)

I'll wait until they actually show me they'll actually do what they say they intend on doing, before giving them props or anything like it.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #48
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Yes it should. it's. fine the way it is. A mid range jumper is a mid range jumper. There are other attributes to differentiate players like shoot in traffic. , off the dribble... etc
Ideally yes, but good sod/sit players need to have a greater disparity from those who cannot.

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »