Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Dynamic Living Rosters Briefly Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
It will get real interesting once a player overall is lowered because they are on a cold streak for their shots.

There's got to be some balance between a player's proven ability over their career and a current cold streak. I mean if someone like Steve Nash goes cold for a few games it still doesn't make sense to take his 3pt rating below like 78... The longer the player has played, the stronger their baseline ratings should be.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #50
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
LOL it's amazing how many people have faith in this.

Does anyone not remember when they promised they would continuously update player art, player models, etc.? Can't remember what game that was (it was the year Michael Beasley cut his hair, but had hair in-game) but basically nothing happened and they didn't even acknowledge it.

Aside from that, this is the same game that has not changed player accessories and various other things unless the community - really the casual community that's heavy on social media - calls them out on it. (That's the only reason Kent Bazemore is being shown so much love this year, BTW, and why he was "officially" added so late in 2k13.)

I'll wait until they actually show me they'll actually do what they say they intend on doing, before giving them props or anything like it.
I think the STATS portion "should" be easy to do now that they are not the ones that have to update the entire roster. STATS has the data that maybe would be too much for an insider or insider team to turnover at a fast rate. I do agree that they definitely were relying on social media too much for requests in 2K13. I think you may be partially wrong about the Kent Bazemore signature celebrations. A 2K dev actually started a thread on here asking for signature getbacks and Kent Bazemore name came up a few times here. So they actually put him on from some of the community here requests. The part about the art updates to actual players I will not expect art updates as far as body changes and notice how they didn't mention art updates but I again expect them to outsource the sneaker portion to someone else who specializes in this.

They essentially are trying to do the roster how a team on here would if we had the resources to do it. X person specializes in kicks here you do the sneaker updates, Y person specializes in stats here you update the stats/ratings/attributes. This "should" allow them to spend more time on actual gameplay development. I don't know if it will be perfect but this should not be rocket science here.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #51
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
There's got to be some balance between a player's proven ability over their career and a current cold streak. I mean if someone like Steve Nash goes cold for a few games it still doesn't make sense to take his 3pt rating below like 78... The longer the player has played, the stronger their baseline ratings should be.
Yeah I agree they get to decide how much to drop players. When you play as Nash or whoever is on a cold/hot streak you play as that player at that point in time not their career average number or last year's number or the first part of the season when they were on fire or off. It adds a whole new dynamic to the game.

Think like the playoffs Battier's threes were off pretty much until a game 6 in the finals. It changes your subs strategy, rotation minutes etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
I agree.. if it was a one year hot streak then yeah the next it would be more strict when lowering or bumping numbers.. but hedo turkoglu.. a career known 3-point shooter.. shouldn't drop to a 65 3pt because he had like 8 games shooting 15%.. he's proven he can shoot that stuff doesn't disappear.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #53
Rookie

I would like to select a mode that is automatically updated with real time transactions. That waynyou can play with accurate rosters if you want realism.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm guessing this won't include accessories updates? Didn't they promise that like two years ago?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #55
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminatos94
I'm guessing this won't include accessories updates? Didn't they promise that like two years ago?
NiceKicks would probably take care of shoes (and hopefully all accessories.) Since they announced something back in March of some type of news involving them. I do want my game to look like the NBA and play like an NBA game.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

They should've just hired Rashidi. There is no doubt in my mind they will crap the bed with the rosters again this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »