Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Vince Carter with Celebrations (Instagram)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Vince Carter with Celebrations (Instagram) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
really starting to feel like there's merit to thinking 2K14 current gen will basically just be 2K13 repackaged with a few new animations and crews. bench celebrations? who cares? I mean it's great and all but they're not even wearing warmups. how bout some gameplay improvements? there's no info on what the legendary teams are going to do in the game. are the euroleague teams just thrown in there? I'm hoping for the best still.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #34
Rookie

Po0hd1n1's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Vince Carter with Celebrations (Instagram)

i always felt they didnt put a beard on him so he'd look the part for the ones that wanted to relive prime vince and boost his ratings

but most likely they are just lazy
Old 09-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Next Gen is the only thing that matters when it comes to a marketing perspective, as that is where your only competition is.

Current Gen will sell right at or slightly over 4M (million) copies, regardless imo. Why? Cause its the only option for everyone who has CG consoles. Next Gen consoles won't have the #s to allow everyone to upgrade right away and we will have to wait and see how it pans out still.

I fully expect 2K to bombard us w/ NG info as soon as they can in order to crush skulls and stomp throats of their only competitor.
I just hope they marketing strategy changes for next gen and they show more than 4 sec videos. You never know when it comes to 2k and marketing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #36
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't usually post in the 2K forums, nor do I compain much about player models, but come on? VC is one of my favorite players ever, and he has had the same CF since at least 2K8. And I get that for a few years, he looked the same, but since his final season in Orlando, he's had that beard. It's completely pathetic that it hasn't been added.

I can kind of understand why it wouldn't get added this year because of all the time they have put into the Next Gen game, and they probably just wanted to keep the current gen model as is, with a few improvements here and there. But that gets to the root of the issue - it should have already been in the game from 2K11, 2K12, and 2K13. They've had 3 years before 2K14 to update his appearance and have neglected it.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Old 09-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 0
As the most pessimistic 2k player on this board I actually am getting more excited seeing you guys complain about cyber faces and art direction. The reason; because they had to spend the last year doing SOMETHING. I feel like usually they spend more time trying to get the game to "look" good and ship with a cool new feature yet the gameplay gets the back seat and the game is unbalanced chalk full of cheese and exploits. Maybe this year they spent that time play-testing, tweaking and adding features or animations that directly effect gameplay. That is me being optimistic anyway lol. Or maybe they just split there team in two with half working on this gen and the other half working on next gen in which case we will get a game on this gen that feels like a patched 2k13 and a bit of an underwhelming new console release. Here is hoping for the former.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #38
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm thinking they're just playing a game of chicken with EA to see how much they'll show (this comment is based on not seeing much next gen vids and stuff) so ill explain what this post really is saying ... " your move EA!"
Old 09-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po0hd1n1
i always felt they didnt put a beard on him so he'd look the part for the ones that wanted to relive prime vince and boost his ratings

but most likely they are just lazy
I've considered that as well. That's always been the silver lining to their negligence of Carter's current appearance. A part of me has been like, "Well, that definitely doesn't look like current Vince". But another part of me, the one making classic Raptors and Nets squads, is kind of thankful for 2K's lack of an update.

And again, the more I think about it - I could definitely see this little Instagram innocently released by 2K as it was. Then, when next generation information begins to stream out, I could see Carter being done properly (beard, headband, accessories, accessory colors, revving) and the new one being used for comparison against the old so as to clearly illustrate the upgrade from one generation to the next.

The idea of a brand underselling one of their own products to boost up another sounds kind of silly. But I'm racking my brain as to why this video would have been released otherwise.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #40
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel like people that dont plan on getting the PS4 or Xbox1 anytime soon has a good reason to complain about things like graphics and cyberfaces being old, and it is because to get there basketball fix they have to play this 2k14 game and still pay 60 bucks, which is the same price of the next gen game which seems at least graphically will be alot better.

I think if 2k on current gen had a price drop there wouldnt be as much complaints about the little things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »