Home

NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Started a spurs association to make a younger squad. Sold Tony parker, many ginobli and Tim Duncan along with role players like de Colo, mills and diaw. My team is now:

PG - Ty Lawson (considering trading, not sure yet though)
SG - Iman Shumpert
SF - Khawi Leonard
PF - Serge Ibaka
C - Omer Asik
6th man - Mario Chalmers
Danny green
Thiago Splitter
Marco Belinelli
Shabazz Muhammad
Daniel Gibson
Lamar Odom
And some other players that are unused.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethisco
Started a spurs association to make a younger squad. Sold Tony parker, many ginobli and Tim Duncan along with role players like de Colo, mills and diaw. My team is now:

PG - Ty Lawson (considering trading, not sure yet though)
SG - Iman Shumpert
SF - Khawi Leonard
PF - Serge Ibaka
C - Omer Asik
6th man - Mario Chalmers
Danny green
Thiago Splitter
Marco Belinelli
Shabazz Muhammad
Daniel Gibson
Lamar Odom
And some other players that are unused.
You should try get more offensive power into that defensive squad. Maybe trade Khawi for someone like J-Smoove, Batum or Jeff Green? I think Iggy should be a good option too, since he's a good at offense and defense and an older leader wouldn't hurt. If you're going to trade Lawson check out if you can go for John Wall or Damian Lillard.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
Rookie

Starting a Bucks association later today, im trading caron butler foe best available offer tanking for jabari parker or andrew wiggins who should I get?
KI
Old 11-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i play with injuries off because it makes 30 team control take forever..

thinking of possibly using RNG to create season ending injuries at random through out the year...not sure if it would be something people want to read about
Old 11-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #21
Rookie

Started a Suns Association, simmed through the first season to get to the draft. Got the #5 pick in the draft, Andrew Wiggins went #1 to the Celtics and Jabari Parker went # 2 to the Jazz. Somehow Julius Randle fell into my lap so I snatched him up with the quickness. The cpu AI is pretty awful in this game as I abused it without even trying, probably should have set some ground rules for myself. Anyway, Toronto offered me the #16 pick in the 1st round for Emeka Okafor and a future 2nd rounder, I accepted without really thinking. Low and behold, Dante Exum and Marcus Smart are sitting there when I go to pick, I take Exum, plan to use him as my SG. Marcus Smart ends up going first pick in the 2nd round to the Jazz, he and Exum were both projected as top 5 picks...weird.

In the 2nd round I took Mitch McGary to replace Okafor. So my draft ended up being pretty fantastic; Juluis Randle, Dante Exum and Mitch McGary.

Next comes free agency. I have like $26 mil in cap space. I match the 3yr/$24m offer on Eric Bledsoe to bring him back. That leaves me with a little over $19m in cap space. I have a glaring hole at SF and I see Lebron's mug sitting there in the FA pool and think, 'what the hell, why not give it a shot.' I offer him 3yrs/60m with a player option for the 4th year and a No Trade Clause. Wasn't really thinking he would accept, but wouldn't you know it, he accepted immediately. So now my team is nasty and I really wasn't even trying lol.

Starting Lineup:
PG - Eric Bledsoe
SG - Dante Exum
SF - Lebron James
PF - Julius Randle
C - Alex Len

Bench:
PG - Goran Dragic/Ish Smith
SG - Archie Goodwin/Reggie Bullock
SF - Marcus Morris/Gerald Green
PF - Channing Frye
C - Mitch McGary/Mason Plumlee

I know, I know, cheesey as hell. I need to make a few trades to balance this team out, but this squad is going to be pretty mean. Surprised it was so easy to put this team together in one offseason, 2k needs to really up AI of the cpu controlled teams, that was like taking candy from a baby.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #22
Rookie

Philly Association! Simmed through the first season, got Serge Ibaka via trade from the Thunder, got Danny Green from the Spurs, Graevis Vasquez.

Got lucky there.

My current lineup is:

PG: Graevis Vasquez
SG: Danny Green
SF: LeBron James
PF: Serge Ibaka
C: Nerlens Noel

I dont know if its good or not so any comments are appreciated!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's a good team but what pieces to you move in trades? Was Lebron via free agency ?
Old 11-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmio1990
It's a good team but what pieces to you move in trades? Was Lebron via free agency ?
The old starting lineup is pretty much all traded.

Yes, LeBron was via Free Agency.

I replaced Graevis Vasquez with Ricky Rubio in the 2nd offseason, i cant believe i had enough capspace for him.

Last edited by costas84; 11-16-2013 at 04:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »