Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Patch 1 Impressions (360 Patch only, PS3 to follow)

"You're allowing him to drive in and take the shots.. If you loosen up, he won't be so aggressive."

If I leave the CPU on Fisher, he scores. He'll take threes if he's left a little room. If I guard him close, he scores. If he's double teamed, he scores.

I'll try a game focused on playing off Fisher a little, but I doubt that will make Kobe more aggressive. I can play Kobe the same way, but he won't do what Fisher does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #162
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Ranked games are set to on and you have to set it to off for fatigue to actually work. I think Beluba posted about this.
Ok i thought with the patch that on would really mean on this time lol. I can see ranked games are set to off before you create a session. Did not notice any starters being subbed or players getting tired for ranked games. But i did notice players getting tired in unranked games set to on.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #163
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
"You're allowing him to drive in and take the shots.. If you loosen up, he won't be so aggressive."

If I leave the CPU on Fisher, he scores. He'll take threes if he's left a little room. If I guard him close, he scores. If he's double teamed, he scores.

I'll try a game focused on playing off Fisher a little, but I doubt that will make Kobe more aggressive.
You can't let the CPU defend other players. You have to manually contest it. I had that problem and still do. I was just used to playing with 1 position on defense without using player lock and let the CPU contest other shots. I found out just quickly switch players and tap Y/Triangle. You will at least put a hand up if they decide to shoot right away, but if they don't you can still recover as you didn't jump for the block.

@VideoBastard: Ahh, I did not know the patch addressed the fatigue problem, my mistake. It was like that pre patch.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #164
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Subs work now, gotta take it off of auto and put it on manual. So guys aren't subbed right back in after you take them out.

Played a guy just now, he's using the Rockets. Has A.Brooks I'm up on him, have my elbow up against his back as he has his back turned turns around and shots a 3 all in one motion hand all in his face.........CASH!!!!!

Put some albino dude in the game I don't know who he is but he was pulling up with him, Cash!!!!!

I've never in my life seen so many people so comfortable behind the 3pt line with no regard to having ANY type of skill at all since "Double Dribble"

One more chance for me. I'm done until the DNA update, if that doesn't fix things it's a trade in for me. Such a great game but this flaw right here is really a game killer.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #165
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Decided to give it another shot, of course my opponent was the Nuggets.

Thought the 3's were fixed, gotta take it back. Billups, Smith, Anthony still cash from beyond the 3.

Don't understand how you guys can add rim stuffs, which I won't even complain about, I'm missing more of my alley's now but it's all good. Adds to the realism of the game so I can't complain.

But why make it so easy to hit a shot 23ft or beyond from the rim??? Can we get 3pt misses as well. No way in real life do these 3 or anybody else for that matter hit at the rate they do in this game, especially with good defense. It's just not possible.

Where did the logic you guys had in Live 09 go and why did you change it?
Guess what, all those players you mentioned are deadly from three point land in real life. It's hard to gauge these gripes without video or statistical evidence. Some people have posted shooting numbers complaining about it when the percentage isn't that far off from real life numbers. Without video evidence to see how someone plays, how can people still gripe about this? Whenever someone starts jacking threes on me I trap that player as soon as he touches the rock as well as playing off ball denial defense.
Not trying to say this wasn't an issue before, but I have found more than manageable counters to this style of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #166
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Subs work now, gotta take it off of auto and put it on manual. So guys aren't subbed right back in after you take them out.

Played a guy just now, he's using the Rockets. Has A.Brooks I'm up on him, have my elbow up against his back as he has his back turned turns around and shots a 3 all in one motion hand all in his face.........CASH!!!!!

Put some albino dude in the game I don't know who he is but he was pulling up with him, Cash!!!!!

I've never in my life seen so many people so comfortable behind the 3pt line with no regard to having ANY type of skill at all since "Double Dribble"

One more chance for me. I'm done until the DNA update, if that doesn't fix things it's a trade in for me. Such a great game but this flaw right here is really a game killer.
i dont think its the dna, IMO its the shooting mechanic i have mastered the entire bulls team and last night i went 13-17 against a dude, now i never play online this was done as a test...

ya'll wanted timed releases welcome to hell, i remember this from 2k7 playing my boy when they used the mavs kidd was 5-5 then he would use the heat wade would hit 3's now anybody knows in 2007 wade had NO jumper

i have hit 3's with duncan multiple times, to play online you have to be a hardcore junkie of the game aka cheeser, casual realistic playing will get you a loss.....

i have edited the dna success to all 0 and still hit shots offline with ease thats not the problem.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #167
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #1 Impressions (360 Patch Only, PS3 to Follow)

I don't believe the people posting insane shooting numbers with the likes of Tim Duncan. When any reputable poster has posted stats, they haven't been far off reality.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #168
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 Patch Only, PS3 to Follow)

is going around pics really a chore now? That was part of the games charm man.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »