Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by championmvp
the glitch is not fixed.just played against mo williams. 37 points all treys or foot on the line. nobody on the team shot a lay up or dunk. pathetic
BACKFLUSH , care to answer ? I had a feeling they would just fix the backstep 3 and not the overall of it ....Producers of nba live PLEASE LISTEN TO US , WE ARE THE ONES THAT PUT THE EXTRA TIME WHEN WE PLAY ONLINE....We see it all !!!!

Players with good 3pt shots just sprint around to find an open spot and launch 3's....THe corner and top of the arc area are deadly...

How do you defend this ? I have done TIGHT defense , i have manually tried guarding it , have tried R1 , have tried putting my best defender ....THERE IS A MAGNETIC FORCE between defender and ball handler where gives the ball handler space to shoot the 3 ...I understand if i dont press R1 then i can get in his face but THESE GUYS SPRINT ALL OVER THE COURT to find the right spots and if i hold R1 to keep up with the ball handler , THERE IS THAT MAGNETIC FORCE that doesnt allow me to get close to his face ...

im officially done with this year NBA LIVE and will stick to FIGHT NIGHT ...I am devasted guys because i like this game but this simple fix is still out there ..

BACKFLUSH and EA SPORTS PRODUCERS lied to us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 13
I hate to sound like a prick but if I do, oh well. The bottomline is, no fix, or patch can stop the way somebody plays. If someone chooses to cheese, it's difficult to do anything about that.

Take for instance, the Steve Nash, Mo Williams 3 pt cheeser. Now, if they only shoot a reasonable amount of 3's, within the flow of the offense, you WILL see something close to real life percentages. On the other hand, if they choose to shoot 70 3's with those guys, what is the game supposed to do about that? They're good shooters in real life, so a good amount of those probably will go in, you can't punish the ratings system because someone abuses it.

Run some double teams, try different matchups but most importantly, when they miss, make sure you don't. I guarantee you, the game will be much closer now than it was pre-patch. They HAVE addressed it, but they still have to stay true to the player's abilities. If someone chooses to abuse that, it's not the developers fault, it's the fault of that 12 year old kid who only knows how to win that way, and that's who you should be angry with. Not everyone wishes to play sim, even if we do
Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 12

Had time for a quick game...

Didn't change the world or anything. Just fixed the glitches it seems.

It was an perfectly enjoyable game. Don't know if I noticed anything different. It's nice to be able to play with a bit more confidence now knowing the glitches should have been pretty much ironed out.

I lost, but felt I was beaten fairly, just poor offense from myself. But this is nothing new, it is how live was before.

All individual issues aside... overall it still rewards you for playing basketball rather than a video game.

(e.g Yes, the post is vanilla, but I can still feed it to the post, draw the double then kick it out to the open man.)

Not an exciting update. Just a glitch fixer.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones16
I really really hope this 3point glitch it fixed. Wang has somewhat ruined the game I think. 09 was cool. Just need animations. 09 with animations and improved graphics would have been a beautiful thing! Please more people who have the game....is the 3point glitch fixed??
You have no idea what you're talking about. 09 and 10 are 2 totally different games. Yes, some things were better in 09, but MOST things are better in 10.

Rockchisler: I do find it very confusing that the demo was released 1 month before the official game was, and within that month, they had time to address a host of complaints that were provided as feedback from this very community, in the form of a patch. Granted I don't have personal knowledge of how long it takes to build a patch or make a game, it doesn't make sense to me that they could take the feedback of a demo and build the initial patch within a months time, there should be no reason why they couldn't do the same to address some of the new problems caused by the first patch.

To the people asking if the 3 point glitch has been fixed: There are numerous people here who have already stated the game doesn't feel or play much different from the previous patch. However, it would help if there was a list of things this patch addressed, so that way we could look out for the suttle changes that might otherwise be overlooked. Having said that, and IMO, I don't notice any difference in the game after the second patch....3 POINT CHEESE INCLUDED and still in full affect, as observed in my most recent online game. It may finally be time to pick up 2K this year.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
You have no idea what you're talking about. 09 and 10 are 2 totally different games. Yes, some things were better in 09, but MOST things are better in 10.

Rockchisler: I do find it very confusing that the demo was released 1 month before the official game was, and within that month, they had time to address a host of complaints that were provided as feedback from this very community, in the form of a patch. Granted I don't have personal knowledge of how long it takes to build a patch or make a game, it doesn't make sense to me that they could take the feedback of a demo and build the initial patch within a months time, there should be no reason why they couldn't do the same to address some of the new problems caused by the first patch.

To the people asking if the 3 point glitch has been fixed: There are numerous people here who have already stated the game doesn't feel or play much different from the previous patch. However, it would help if there was a list of things this patch addressed, so that way we could look out for the suttle changes that might otherwise be overlooked. Having said that, and IMO, I don't notice any difference in the game after the second patch....3 POINT CHEESE INCLUDED and still in full affect, as observed in my most recent online game. It may finally be time to pick up 2K this year.
whats better in 09?? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #86
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
I hate to sound like a prick but if I do, oh well. The bottomline is, no fix, or patch can stop the way somebody plays. If someone chooses to cheese, it's difficult to do anything about that.

Take for instance, the Steve Nash, Mo Williams 3 pt cheeser. Now, if they only shoot a reasonable amount of 3's, within the flow of the offense, you WILL see something close to real life percentages. On the other hand, if they choose to shoot 70 3's with those guys, what is the game supposed to do about that? They're good shooters in real life, so a good amount of those probably will go in, you can't punish the ratings system because someone abuses it.

Run some double teams, try different matchups but most importantly, when they miss, make sure you don't. I guarantee you, the game will be much closer now than it was pre-patch. They HAVE addressed it, but they still have to stay true to the player's abilities. If someone chooses to abuse that, it's not the developers fault, it's the fault of that 12 year old kid who only knows how to win that way, and that's who you should be angry with. Not everyone wishes to play sim, even if we do
You make great points...Up until you said " that 12 year old kid who only knows how to win that way".....The people I'm playing online are most certainly not 12 years old! I can tell that by the tone in their extra manly voices when they are calling me cracker, bitch and other wonderful names, just because I called them out on their cheese tactics.

In addition to that, the producers have already said that guys like Nelson and Williams are high volume guys and will naturally be more successful in 3 point attempts. But that doesn't mean it should be exploited to the extent that it is. There are NO penalties against guys who choose to play this way and the developers have done little to nothing to prevent this, which is the problem.. You talk about trying to play good defense, it's not existent. If they miss the long ball, it should result in a long rebound and fast break...Fast breaks are non existent in this game and even in the one in a million chance you get a fast break, the defense will ALWAYS catch up to the offense and cut the break off. Also, fatigue still isn't up to par and is barely effective in this game.

So, given these circumstances, there are no penalties for guys who play this way, in fact they are rewarded by shooting 40 three's and hitting half of them. I'm pretty sure fatigue would get to even the best shooter in the nba. You're running up and down a court for the full game. And don't fool yourself, you would need to play a full 48 minutes to jack up 40 threes and even the best would be to tired to have a success rate of 50% given those circumstances...Not in Live though.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
I

On the other hand, if they choose to shoot 70 3's with those guys, what is the game supposed to do about that?
I have a simple solution. Maybe the game should allow our defenders to manually get up in the face of the ball handler when they sprint all over the court especially when we put TIGHT defense ? Why is there a magnetic force between the ball handler and defender ? If they take this out then i really think it would save the problem because all we would do is PRESS R1 to stay with the ball handler and close the gap everytime they sprint for open shots.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #88
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
whats better in 09?? lol
Less online problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »