Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

Only two differences I've seen so far:
CPU drives to the lane more on O.
None of those stupid circus 3pt shots from the CPU for no reason.

Mind you, this was only one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #26
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yes they do need to open the transition game more, and im sorry but I wish these game companies would stop making these games to cater to people who continue to play random cheesers online.

Its your own fault and if you want it to stop, quit playing randoms, because they screw the games up making fixes for that.

That said how are the contact animations affecting the gameplay?

Are teams running correct offenses?

Do players still do crap like big men doing step backs and the dreaded Raptor fadeaway

Does the CPU still score in cheap ways, still throw up hooks off rebounds over the back of their heads without looking very soft like?

Fouls are they evened up more?
the cpu still scores off of rebs BUT i think they weakened the cpu off reb skill in 5 games i have a 2-1 edge on them, what i did notice and maybe its a placibo effect is that animations trigger alot more in the paint so instead of it being a facial dunk you get some contact BUT ITS NOWHERE CLOSE TO REALISM OF THE NBA.

bigs do less nonsense but their animation package is so limited that have no other choice, it seems they are not athletic enough for example at artest was backing down jefferson they battled then artest did a spin off and drove in, the bigs cant do this consistently or at all( i have seen it dont but not enough) they battle for 2 secsond then either pass or fadeaway

but overall non shooting bigs are taking less jumpers thats one of the biggest changes i like

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 12-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

This game needs a boatload of animations next year and that shouldnt even be an option.

Not enough scenarios that can happen and thats probably why people feel its scripted in one of many ways.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Is there a list of what all Patch #2 contains?
*waiting on Developers patiently*
Old 12-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #29
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
DirtyJerz32 = Best Avatar Ever.
Thanks man.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 12-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #30
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This game needs a boatload of animations next year and that shouldnt even be an option.

Not enough scenarios that can happen and thats probably why people feel its scripted in one of many ways.
after 10 games i feel satisfied with the package that is live 10, the low points for this game still remain after this patch, such as animation lacking, and bad shots at times from role players but i can run a franchise for maybe 3 seasons now with out editing or alot of editing....

if they start live 11 from where this game is today, they may be on the right track, this game does what it does right now very well, it just needs more depth other than bugs nothing should be subtracted.

where are the hotspots from 09 !!! why subtract things!!!!!!

if every team played like the knicks, live would be perfect

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 12-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I can agreee with this. I don't necessarily feel the "scripted" deal but I REALLY hope EA goes HARD with a TON of new animations, taking into account the different scenarios that happen on the court IRL.
I think studying and mimicking the game of NBA b-ball more closely, adding a buttload of new animations, and advancing the AI should be top and ONLY priorities with Live 11. NO NEW FEATURES, PERIOD!!! Focusing on new features takes away from completely fixing core gameplay but, unfortunately, it's about big business and drawing in new consumers, as well, with new features.
I also hope they can find a way to get at the legacy issues such as steal/rebound buttons being unresponsive at times, being forced out of bounds by the CPU without fouls being called (i can understand sometimes just going out of bounds on your own but not all the time), block animations not being contextual to the ball and players, and "under arm blocks" and such, among other things.
Otherwise, I still love this game and is my only b-ball game of choice, this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 13

The big question is ... will this stop the guys that use a scoring PG to run around and launch off balance 3's that go in?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »