Home

7 Minute NBA Elite 11 Video (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on 7 Minute NBA Elite 11 Video (Gamespot) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: 7 Minute NBA Elite 11 Video (Gamespot)

is this the only camera view we can use? i only like playing with side, broadcast i think is whats called...if we use broadcast view, wouldnt' the direction of control be completely different>>>??????
Old 06-24-2010, 01:36 AM   #98
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
is this the only camera view we can use? i only like playing with side, broadcast i think is whats called...if we use broadcast view, wouldnt' the direction of control be completely different>>>??????
We will be able to use broadcast view and the controls are absolute so they will stay the same on every cam..
Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #99
MVP

OVR: 30
The player models looked smooth and responded INSTANTLY. Yea, yea, there are some minor issues that have already been pointed out but I know they will be ironed out. No worries on that. Best vid so far. Can't wait for more goodness to drop.

rEAnimator - Thanks for your time and the feedback. Keep up the good work on Elite 11 and it was GREAT to know that feedback from CD was actually implemented in the game and even expanded upon. The defensive slide move is a WONDERFUL and WELCOME addition to the game of console basketball. Kudos.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:01 AM   #100
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: 7 Minute NBA Elite Video (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator

2. Ball/rim isn't as much of a focus no. We're focusing on player/player physics and keeping the ball loose and free to be influenced by physics in as many situations as possible. Ball/rim physics have been tweaked a little from last year, but it hasn't been the focus.
I've got to be honest, this is disappointing. This area is long overdue for major improvement, not just tweaks. It ruins the fun of shooting if the ball, rim and net physics don't look/feel right. This is one of the biggest issues I have with Live.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #101
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23
Re: 7 Minute NBA Elite Video (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I've got to be honest, this is disappointing. This area is long overdue for major improvement, not just tweaks. It ruins the fun of shooting if the ball, rim and net physics don't look/feel right. This is one of the biggest issues I have with Live.
I can appreciate your disappointment and I wish we could tackle everything. This is something that could be looked at next year, but for this year we have other priorities that I hope you'll enjoy.

If it's any consolation, shooting the ball is one of the most fun things in the game right now because the ball reacts to your input. You've heard it already, but miss left it goes left, miss right it goes right.

Every little change to the motion of the stick will result in a change to the ball path and how it interacts with the rim.

It really does feel like shoot a real basketball.

So while the ball/rim physics system hasn't been significantly changed since last year, how we use it has been completely revamped.

I hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 02:28 AM   #102
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
No worries at all, I'm just kidding around. I don't think you sounded arrogant, just really interested in clear lane fouls

I'll see if I can get an answer for you.
We didn't have clear path fouls about an hour ago, but we do now.

This was something that was also brought up at the community day...easy enough to put in and it's obviously something that people have wanted for a while now.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 AM   #103
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsix

This was something that was also brought up at the community day...easy enough to put in and it's obviously something that people have wanted for a while now.
Will refs accurately signal these calls? This was something i remember from the battleground czarisodes. And also, a few questions:

1. Will there be any major changes/upgrades to dynasty mode?

2. Are there any additional throwback jerseys added?

3. Any plan for a throwback DLC where we will see old school arenas like Madden was given last year?

4. Why were the legends removed and can you please put them back in for this year?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:35 AM   #104
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsix

Ha, nicely done!

Way to overshadow my up and down traveling calls...again

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »