Home

NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #529
Rookie

OVR: 1
That Boozer dunk was beautiful. I laughed so hard. Man......
Old 09-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #530
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
why would someone choose to shoot a 3 ft jumpshot? I get the control side of it guys, I'm speaking from a realistic standpoint and what you actually see in basketball.
they want more control even if it results in unrealistic animations, to each their own.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #531
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

to me its stupid to have guys do things that they would never do just for the sake of total control. Some of you are saying, well Dirk wouldn't shoot it like that because he knows not to but the person playing the game isnt smart enough to not shoot like that. Well thats a problem then for the many casual gamers who are going to pick up this game and not have the controls mastered that are going to have similar situations. So total control is really only good for those that master the controls.

Id rather have it the other way where you dont get stupid situations like guys doing things they realistically wouldnt do just because of the controls, but have it so that if you do master the controls you then can pull off more advanced moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #532
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
No, you can't attempt a dunk with Nash at all.
AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEOS over n over i noticed that the ball was loose I LIKE THE DIRECTION IM DEFFENATELY BUYING ELITE MY MIND HAS NOT CHANGED TOTAL CONTROL WILL SEPERATE SCRUBS FROM ELITE PLAYERS ONLINE ELITE IS LIKE LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE MANUAL CAR HARDER BUT BETTER IN THE LONG RUN THAN AN AUTOMATIC CAR (2K11) WHY DONT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND NO 2 games will be the same the beauty of basketball will manifest when 2 users are playing and have STICK SKILLS EA DONT MESS UP PLEASE
Old 09-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #533
Banned

bullitt_711's Arena

OVR: 6
***jtdribbles25, 23 and Jano***

First of all how are you guys so LUCKY, I'm jealous...I have questions...

Are you LIVE/Elite players, or are you 2K players annually?

Do you think it's better than Live 2010?

Do youthink it's better than NBA 2K10?

It appears there is going to be a huge learning curve, I'm guessing this from the whacky gameplay, nobody was hitting shots, tons of turnovers, and missteps. Is that true? More so than a new 2K user?

2K looks so polished, do you think Elite has a lot of fixing to do via patch, after release, or do you think it's finished and this is their product and it's more putting the time in to learn athe new controls.

THX.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #534
Rookie

OVR: 3

honestly if you take the time to think back you will realize that most of the bad in those videos from that event was due to user control.

because if you think back to that gamespot demo when the ea guy was playing the game it looked fluid and the animations weren't that bad. same as that jam event when a user posted the vid and it was horrid. i think we the gamer have the ability to make this game look hideous or beautiful.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #535
Rookie

OVR: 0
-__- those 5v5 gameplay vids are hopefully better den this , xp yuck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 03:39 AM   #536
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Yea I agree with you on this. This is not something that will bother people that are playing but for those that may be watching it creates a wtf!! moment.

And for some people it only takes a few of those for them to just give up on the game. Case in point my cousin got to play the Elite along with me and was already giving up on the game after seeing some unrealistic stuff.

And he also didn't like the decision for all stick control either so it would be in EA's best interest to definitely clean that up. If only to keep the people interested in the game for a little longer. It'll save them a lot especially when it comes to the casual fan.

If this wasn't about sales it would be fine but these companies are trying to make money too, so they have to make sure they appeal to all types of fans.
My point exactly

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »