Home

NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Its funny that you would bring up my post history and the "fan boy" approach, because its usually the total opposite. I am closer to the ***** spectrum then the fanboy spectrum but, of course you must have taken a microscope to my previous posts lol.

Truthfully though 2k has been vastly overrated for years, it looks great but as a competitive online gamer it plays horribly if holding it to a sim standard. It annually is filled with exploits and cheese. I am very excited to have another outlet bringing two things I am passionate about together (basketball and videogaming). In this case they are including things in this game that I had been wishing 2k would do for years. Maybe it will be terrible but I am optimistic that for the first time in a basketball game I will be able to beat my opponents using superior basketball IQ and skills rather then knowledge and willingness to exploit. I would much rather have that then prettier graphics and smoother animations.
Whats this sim standard you refer to? Isnt it 2k (largely by default?) Obviously 2k has its issues but it has consistently released a competent basketball game that plays incredibly close to the real thing. One thing Live has had issues with was the general feel of how the game played (Live 10 aside, which isnt a glowing endorsement). It is concerning that we havent seen any gameplay from the Live team so close to launch, its hard to buy into a game without even seeing how it will play....luckily the demo will answer many questions once it comes out.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #34
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV THA UNITY
Synergy was in NBA LIVE 09 and 10, Just saying.
Little more in depth this time tho
Old 11-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
Whats this sim standard you refer to? Isnt it 2k (largely by default?) Obviously 2k has its issues but it has consistently released a competent basketball game that plays incredibly close to the real thing. One thing Live has had issues with was the general feel of how the game played (Live 10 aside, which isnt a glowing endorsement). It is concerning that we havent seen any gameplay from the Live team so close to launch, its hard to buy into a game without even seeing how it will play....luckily the demo will answer many questions once it comes out.
incredibly close to the real thing, sorry mate but no it does not, not even close. The animation system is great and they may look close to real player behaviors. But the game does NOT play basketball like its played in the NBA.

Edit: maybe we have different perspectives and this is how basketball is played to you, but for me, and I have spent my life dedicated to basketball, it is just endless frustration. There is no standard for a great sim basketball game. That is why I make my opinion heard, because I lust for it. I don't want these developers resting on their laurels. There has been no true innovation in basketball gameplay for a long while and I have hopes that Live this year will bring some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #36
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

2k has that " being rigged" from the opening tip syndrome. That sound right?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
cool forgot about that, its been so long since song brought that up...i wonder if the demo is going to allow you to play every game mode because nba live was suspose to let you be able to try all of the modes out if i uderstood them right..
Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #38
Pro

After not releasing a game since Lebron was in Cleveland, I'm still skeptical about Live so close to launch. I have it reserved, but they haven't come through like I thought they would by this time. The fact that 5 on 5 gameplay isn't being shown or streamed yet bothers me. I know there's love for Live 10 around here, but I thought that didn't play well either (but it was the best Live in years). After all this time I was hoping they would be screaming about their product and how great it was. What happened to all the hype that go me to reserve this in the first place? "Live is being built solely for next gen, while 2K's time is split".. "EA has had more time to work on Live next gen than 2K" etc..
Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Its funny that you would bring up my post history and the "fan boy" approach, because its usually the total opposite. I am closer to the ***** spectrum then the fanboy spectrum but, of course you must have taken a microscope to my previous posts lol.

Truthfully though 2k has been vastly overrated for years, it looks great but as a competitive online gamer it plays horribly if holding it to a sim standard. It annually is filled with exploits and cheese. I am very excited to have another outlet bringing two things I am passionate about together (basketball and videogaming). In this case they are including things in this game that I had been wishing 2k would do for years. Maybe it will be terrible but I am optimistic that for the first time in a basketball game I will be able to beat my opponents using superior basketball IQ and skills rather then knowledge and willingness to exploit. I would much rather have that then prettier graphics and smoother animations.
Yo, what features does Live have to stop exploits?? I'm serious too, because the whole reason I don't play online is because EVERY bball game has cheese and exploits. Share man.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0
There is lots of talk that competition is back, NBA Live vs NBA 2K. I dont think so, I see one company taking risks, throwing themselves at our mercy (already launched CG, gameplay vids of NG) & another which is supposed to be making this glorious reboot and have done pretty much nothing (other than repeated screen shots that are meant to wow us), explain to me where the competition is?? If Live fails to meet expectations this year, it will be just as easy as last time for them to pull the plug, yes we as avid gamers will suffer, but its the company that didn't have the balls that will take the blame for not making moves & pushing their game out with solid confidents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »