Home

NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV THA UNITY
I don't post a lot on these forums, but what are the game modes. Everyday I am checking for news on OTP and any news of online play, yet I get nothing. They did a Q&A on twitter, I ask questions then at the end of the Q&A they let everyone know that they were only focused on gameplay for that Q&A. Really EA?????

Was looking forward to this game since the OTP and online connectivity was solid in 08, 09 and 10. Looks like I will only have one BBall game this year.
They show Ultimate team mode, live season mode(play along with your favorite team as they go through their season,Rewind mode, Big moments/ challenges), those things they have showed or mention...of course on the podcast they mention the different things you can do online and breifly talked about Dyntasy mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Yo, what features does Live have to stop exploits?? I'm serious too, because the whole reason I don't play online is because EVERY bball game has cheese and exploits. Share man.
i think just the way you play their game is going to being the difference and the way they are doing their ratings this year should help as well taken synery data to the next level...this game is something you would have to play not look at and read about which is what they rather ppl do
Old 11-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
"However, not all is good news as NBA Live 14 checks in at #65 on the best-sellers list. Considering we have seen exactly zero actual gameplay, there is a chance the series could be set for a very disappointing re-launch sales wise. If reviews of Live 14 come in low, it will be interesting to see how much stomach for the series' future EA is going to have. With Live 14 hitting shelves next Tuesday, there's no wonder people are hesitant about pulling the trigger -- the only hope for the series seeing success commercially will have to be on a very surprising strong critical performance to drive word of mouth sales."

R.I.P NBA Live
Old 11-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #44
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
wait EA is putting out a basketball game this year? That's news to me. Just kidding but seriously an awful marketing job by EA. Sales for this game are going to be awful, they'll be trying to play catch up until they hit a point where it's no longer worth making the game anymore. Guarantee that's how it will go for NBA Live on this generation of systems.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
"However, not all is good news as NBA Live 14 checks in at #65 on the best-sellers list. Considering we have seen exactly zero actual gameplay, there is a chance the series could be set for a very disappointing re-launch sales wise. If reviews of Live 14 come in low, it will be interesting to see how much stomach for the series' future EA is going to have. With Live 14 hitting shelves next Tuesday, there's no wonder people are hesitant about pulling the trigger -- the only hope for the series seeing success commercially will have to be on a very surprising strong critical performance to drive word of mouth sales."

R.I.P NBA Live
Live is flying under the radar, my man. Purposefully I think...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #46
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
wait EA is putting out a basketball game this year? That's news to me. Just kidding but seriously an awful marketing job by EA. Sales for this game are going to be awful, they'll be trying to play catch up until they hit a point where it's no longer worth making the game anymore. Guarantee that's how it will go for NBA Live on this generation of systems.
I'm fed up with people like you calling it crap without playing the game. Play the demo, then whine all u want
Old 11-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #47
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'm fed up with people like you calling it crap without playing the game. Play the demo, then whine all u want
I'm fed up with people like you who put words in other people's mouths. Show in my statement you quoted where i said the game is crap. I said the marketing has been awful, which is true. I also said sales for this game will be bad, which looks like it will be true when looking at projections. They have to prove something. They are already playing catch up so my statement about them continuing to play catch up is also accurate based on recent history.

So next time you single out my comment, make sure what you're saying about it is true.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Live is flying under the radar, my man. Purposefully I think...
It's the wrong year to fly under the radar, next gen consoles and they choose the silent marketing scheme, is it any wonder the game has little interest

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »