Home

NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

This is a discussion on NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 11:45 PM   #25
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

I thought live 16 was a decent game this year . Wonder what's this new and exciting thing .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 11:47 PM   #26
Just started!

OVR: 0
I feel EA should just give up and join forces with 2K and visual concept. EA just getting dry, boring, and the focus on their games seems poor. Admit it a MyCareer mode for a football game would be by far interesting, and personally NFL 2k5 was one of the best football video games of all-time. Like EA produce a game and once it release its like they don't care anymore. I'm big on gameplay and little things such as accessories. Madden has had the same cleats, gloves, and equipment since like 12' & Live 16 doesn't have any current player signatures shoes or newer hoop shoes. Things like that are important to me not only do I want to play the game like its real life I also want newer looks.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #27
MVP

zello144's Arena

Remember what happened last time?
Old 05-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

Not even a release date for the 2017 release in place...I seriously doubt they're going to drop a full fledged NBA game heading into the playoffs...I can see them strictly focusing on Pro Am tbh, that got the most play.

Not surprised by the news unfortunately. I never bought into the whole 'sure the sales are terrible, but we'll just keep on a shippin em out' idea they were selling. Money's always a factor and they went where the $ is, mobile.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:45 AM   #29
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

The truth is the real blame lies on NBA Live fans. You guys cant be honest with yourselves; straight up when it comes to Live. Well, most of you anyways. You fans never see anything wrong with the product or you start blaming 2k for Lives issues. The few of you on this, and various other forums say a sideslick comment about 2k, then say something else on Twitter, and when you get called out for it, you wont man up. Too many Harvey Dents on this side of the forums.

Also you Live fans didn't support the product.. the sales speak for Live. You wanted competition, you got it. Blame yourselves. I said this last year in October to quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Live fans want: 2k fans to buy 2k and Live using "choice" as a crutch.
Live diehards: will only buy Live, saying they have their game.
Live fans get upset at the sales for Live then blame 2k fans for not giving Live a chance.
Live fans that don't see anything wrong, get up go to the bathroom and stand in front of the sink and look in the mirror. Theres your problem with Live.

Edit: blame goes to the devs as well. How many years in a row do you have these surveys asking what our opinions are etc, then ask about 2k, and if 2k is an answer the survey is over. ow many wishlist going back years have the same request on them consecutively? Live still has the same issues I found when I was doing QA on Live 07/08.. the main issues are still there as far as animations, believable human movement, etc. Stuff I complained about back in 2006. Its still there.. I said in my letter to David Gardner I wont buy Live until I see changes, and its been that way since that email. Stop this saying Live is from the ground up. It isn't.

You cut corners reusing the same bad animation assets from 2 generations ago, optimize old bad code, post blogs about patting yourselves on the back, tea light candle sessions, blogs about pictures and videos with no pictures or videos in them, have your PR guys take swipes at 2k, when you don't have your stuff together etc... Its sad really... all this was self guillotine style by EA, and Live fans(boy) to a degree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 05-11-2016 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:31 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
The truth is the real blame lies on NBA Live fans. You guys cant be honest with yourselves; straight up when it comes to Live. Well, most of you anyways. You fans never see anything wrong with the product or you start blaming 2k for Lives issues. The few of you on this, and various other forums say a sideslick comment about 2k, then say something else on Twitter, and when you get called out for it, you wont man up. Too many Harvey Dents on this side of the forums.

Also you Live fans didn't support the product.. the sales speak for Live. You wanted competition, you got it. Blame yourselves. I said this last year in October to quote myself:

Live fans that don't see anything wrong, get up go to the bathroom and stand in front of the sink and look in the mirror. Theres your problem with Live.

Edit: blame goes to the devs as well. How many years in a row do you have these surveys asking what our opinions are etc, then ask about 2k, and if 2k is an answer the survey is over. ow many wishlist going back years have the same request on them consecutively? Live still has the same issues I found when I was doing QA on Live 07/08.. the main issues are still there as far as animations, believable human movement, etc. Stuff I complained about back in 2006. Its still there.. I said in my letter to David Gardner I wont buy Live until I see changes, and its been that way since that email. Stop this saying Live is from the ground up. It isn't.

You cut corners reusing the same bad animation assets from 2 generations ago, optimize old bad code, post blogs about patting yourselves on the back, tea light candle sessions, blogs about pictures and videos with no pictures or videos in them, have your PR guys take swipes at 2k, when you don't have your stuff together etc... Its sad really... all this was self guillotine style by EA, and Live fans(boy) to a degree...

No need for me to say anything you nailed it

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-11-2016, 05:18 AM   #31
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaVonn_Jose
I feel EA should just give up and join forces with 2K and visual concept. EA just getting dry, boring, and the focus on their games seems poor. Admit it a MyCareer mode for a football game would be by far interesting, and personally NFL 2k5 was one of the best football video games of all-time. Like EA produce a game and once it release its like they don't care anymore. I'm big on gameplay and little things such as accessories. Madden has had the same cleats, gloves, and equipment since like 12' & Live 16 doesn't have any current player signatures shoes or newer hoop shoes. Things like that are important to me not only do I want to play the game like its real life I also want newer looks.
Please heavens no. They'll just ruin 2K if they join forces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 06:37 AM   #32
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Damn Live. I would say that I'm surprised but I'm not. They put on a brave face this year but anyone looking at the sales knew some change was coming. Regardless of the assurances of Live 17 coming. Still, it's terrible to actually read the news. I think they may find a more friendly market on mobile and that's where they can carve out their niche. 2K has console basketball locked down for the foreseeable future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »