Home

NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

This is a discussion on NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #33
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

Damn, Live. By the time this game releases on consoles, everyone will be knee deep in 2K.

Maybe a slashed/reduced price will help drive sales, but I don't see this turning out too well for EA Sports.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 21
A year stop it never mattered. In each business area.
What produced a year stop after Nba Elite 11? The disaster: no Nba Live 12 and even cancellation of Nba Live 14. Every time it's the same story.
The problem is that they dont want to change the way they work. It's clear that it takes a complete reboulding the way they are working, but seem too proud to do it.
It is even more incredibile that they dont realize, in the year of building the Nba Live product, which is much lower even compared to an Nba 2 k 8.
How can they not realizing it while they are working on it?

Last edited by Barbatrucco; 05-11-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:40 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0
NHL 2K hiatus dejavu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #36
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

Damn I really miss the old PS2 sports gaming days, never did I think the sports video gaming world would be so blah in the year 2016.

Back on subject I cant say im surprised, just getting tired of Ea as a company at this point, they dont have the same golden touch they had from two console generations ago.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #37
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

With the game releasing in early 2017 I can't see it being Sim. I may be wrong but releasing a game in that time frame would be perfect for an arcade style game.

Host of The Awakened Soul Podcast
iTunes: https://t.co/2aRfWFw1ia
Google Play: https://t.co/yjgsoZLJ4r

@CEOHaize on Twitter
Old 05-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #38
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Jesus Bynum...

Live 16 isn't terrible, If your truly committed to consoles how about an olive branch...patch update dynasty mode and some new game play animations with updated rosters for live 16 in Nov for like 9.99 for those who purchased Live 16. Give us a taste of what to expect. The demo for live 16 with pro-am was definitely the right direction, you won me over because i played the demo continuously all year every time there was an update and i could feel the difference.

P.s. no more letters please.

Good Luck.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:51 AM   #39
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Nah. Never considering a purchase in the future.

It's smart to take your development time but nothing in that statement tells me that EA, the actual company, is going to support the developers.

If any of those guys are reading this - doubt they are - I know the industry is tough but don't do it to yourselves. You'll spend months being unsupported by the big company and you'll release a title you're proud of because you put thousands of hours into it each, but the product will be poor, it won't match up against 2K (it's warts and all) and you'll feel like crap when you see the reviews.

Save yourselves the individual suffering and find peace in leaving the company that doesn't care about you.

This series was done but now it's non existent, literally. Good bye Live.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #40
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

I was looking forward to seeing how much progress Live has made at E3,i doubt they'll be any useful information about the console version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »