Home

NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

This is a discussion on NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #41
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
I do not understand how Sean O'Brien manages to keep his role as executive producer of the Live franchise. In my opinion, he should have been cut loose after the sham of a game that was NBA Live 14... it's not like NBA Live 15 and 16 were masterpieces either (far from it actually). There has to be something else going on here...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0
NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

I thought live 16 was almost decent. Lacked depth in modes and customization but I thought they'd address those and get the game back to respectability. I'm assuming they'll eventually extend the 2017 spring release and end up just releasing it in the fall for the start of the season. It does feel like they need 2 development cycles to get to where they want to be anyways considering how far live 16 is from 2k16 in pretty much every aspect. I've always liked live so I have irrational hope even though EA had burned me since the debacle of elite 11. Hope whatever they eventually put out is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #43
Rookie

It's just sad. They really should just close up shop.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #44
Rookie

Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
The truth is the real blame lies on NBA Live fans. You guys cant be honest with yourselves; straight up when it comes to Live. Well, most of you anyways. You fans never see anything wrong with the product or you start blaming 2k for Lives issues. The few of you on this, and various other forums say a sideslick comment about 2k, then say something else on Twitter, and when you get called out for it, you wont man up. Too many Harvey Dents on this side of the forums.

Also you Live fans didn't support the product.. the sales speak for Live. You wanted competition, you got it. Blame yourselves. I said this last year in October to quote myself:

Live fans that don't see anything wrong, get up go to the bathroom and stand in front of the sink and look in the mirror. Theres your problem with Live.

Edit: blame goes to the devs as well. How many years in a row do you have these surveys asking what our opinions are etc, then ask about 2k, and if 2k is an answer the survey is over. ow many wishlist going back years have the same request on them consecutively? Live still has the same issues I found when I was doing QA on Live 07/08.. the main issues are still there as far as animations, believable human movement, etc. Stuff I complained about back in 2006. Its still there.. I said in my letter to David Gardner I wont buy Live until I see changes, and its been that way since that email. Stop this saying Live is from the ground up. It isn't.

You cut corners reusing the same bad animation assets from 2 generations ago, optimize old bad code, post blogs about patting yourselves on the back, tea light candle sessions, blogs about pictures and videos with no pictures or videos in them, have your PR guys take swipes at 2k, when you don't have your stuff together etc... Its sad really... all this was self guillotine style by EA, and Live fans(boy) to a degree...
Lol what a load of crap. We all know 2k fans are responsible for this.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:11 PM   #45
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Honestly they should either just take a full year off and completely rebuild the franchise, and I mean completely.

Or just cancel the game series, it's not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

Last edited by KingTocco; 05-11-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

I'm pro competition, live didn't get to this point from a lack of effort but they did get here from a lack of manpower. Live higher ups should of sat down and told themselves hey look the competition has a 2 year developmental cycle on us, so let's poor all our resources on the game similar to our other franchises in madden and fifa, just so we can keep pace with the competition. If they took the time to look at the competition they would of noticed how large their development team is especially since their competitor merged with their College Hoops franchise after it was disbanded. By not pouring enough resources to sustain the product in consumer eyes showed a lack of faith and that's what ultimately did them in.

My heart goes out to the live dev team they poured their hearts in to the product, they should be proud of themselves because there's not much you can do when the higher ups have a blueprint that their sticking too and you have little to no say in the product including your understaffed. If your gonna go out at least go out with a bang like the competitions football game did leaving a lasting impression on the community. That games game play wasn't all that special out of the box it needed sliders to fix it. But what it did special was customization, animation quality and presentation they killed it. That's the blueprint you need togo out with, don't leave a poor taste in consumer minds because if you do have a change of heart and want to come back it won't end well.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #47
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Not unexpected. It is probably the current structure of the EA that won't allow the developers to succeed. Probably way too many meetings and not enough programming and creative freedom to allow the game to succeed.

Sales and reviews have been horrible the past two console generations. I'm disappointed they will be focusing on a mobile game at all, it seems that they don't have enough time already with developing for a console game and now they are going to allocate valuable developers over to a mobile game? Not the best strategy. EA needs to throw more man-power on this project if they want to be even viable this year. I think the game will be sold at 19.99/29.99 as Pro-Am and Be-A-Pro online type experience and will just have a practice and quick play mode for offline play. It will probably release around the all-star break when the NFL season has died off and the NBA season is in full force to maximize sales.

Last edited by Haval93; 05-11-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I mean honestly and I'm not trying to dog on EA Sports (you know, don't wanna get banned), but at some point you just have to base your judgment and level of skepticism based on previous track record. It's all about that track record folks. No one put a gun to their head and told them to make really bad basketball games (Live 10 and Elite 11 I'm looking at you). Also no one put a gun to their head and told them to scrap a game, take multiple years off and talk a big game of promising that the time off was to make something truly amazing (...or at least worth a full 60.00), only for the next game to come out after the big speeches was another relative failure. I dont say "failure" but I say "relative failure" because had they just kept their mouth shut in the past, the backlash would have been so severe last time they pulled this stunt.

It's track record people. No one here is out to just see EA Sport's demise. Nor does anyone here want to see them fail. So when we read articles like this and hit them hard, we have a right to do so, we have a right to be skeptical, and we have a right to disagree with the fanboys and other people over hyping up the game because of their own relationship potentially with the publisher. At the end of the day, again, it's track record. You cannot deny it. It's there. It's forever written in the history of the interwebs. It's no different than being bad with your money and debt and having a 370 FICO score now. No bank want's to hear your story, or your sell job on what you're going to do now. They don't wanna hear it and you're not getting the benefit of the doubt simply because your track record is all on you as a game developer.

So he said they are giving it more development time... okay... last time you did this you had a whole two years... you talked it up.. and look what happened.

So he said we want to release our own basketball game in a different time of the year to shake things up. Hmmmm... basically what you're really saying is you don't feel as confident in your own game to compete with the 2k franchise. Think about it... the fact that you don't want to release your product at the same time, and around the time youve always released it until another company started doing it better really speaks volumes in the faith and confidence you have in your own product. It's like a group of kids that arent that good at basketball wanting to play a pick up game but when they get close to the court they see some really good players there, so they just wait for those kids to leave before you get on the court....

I'm not an EA Sports *****. I wish they would get their **** together to be honest. I WANT two GREAT games so I can choose. That's not been the case in years.... Track record. When it comes to Live your's isnt great and here you go again....
Wow this is sure constructive criticism (sarcasm). Anywho even if EA released a better basketball game then 2k it would have a hard time selling. They probably should just stop. Even 2k stopper NHL and MLB because it couldn't compete with the competition. EA I would love a NBA jam and street though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »