Home

Will You buy NBA Live 18 IF it doesnt have Roster Editing(Editing Players) Options?

This is a discussion on Will You buy NBA Live 18 IF it doesnt have Roster Editing(Editing Players) Options? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you be Buying NBA Live 18 with the report of No Roster Editing in the game?
Yes 42 41.18%
No, it is a Gamebreaker 37 36.27%
Yes but when the Price is reduced 10 9.80%
Still unsure 13 12.75%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 07:47 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Will You buy NBA Live 18 IF it doesnt have Roster Editing(Editing Players) Option

I think this is bad because when you watch the video you can clearly see the transition defense is too good and some of the passing looks bad

From my experience you could modify certain ratings to fix some of these issues but if EA just decides to roll with their core ratings i'm guessing some of these issues will still surface even in the final retail version.

That's why i'm dissapointed that they left this out again even after the out cry from Live 16 on this forum.

Synergy can only do so much and to be honest I personally don't think synergy has effected gameplay since it was introduced.....but to each of their own i guess.

Not having the ability to edit means you can't do a damn thing with draft classes in your future dynasty......

You can't create classic teams or players and you can't fix any glaring issues with the default rosters

I'll probably get the game on a cheaper price tag.....I just don't see how we still get bare bones options with Live while other sports games give you total control of roster editing now.

I could care less about MY Player modes.....i've never touched any of that stuff in Sports games. I enjoy being in my world with single player franchise mode and editing things to my likings

Shame on you EA for teasing us with all these community threads year after year about what we'd like to see in your game and then you basically ignore our complaints once again with roster editing

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #26
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Will You buy NBA Live 18 IF it doesnt have Roster Editing(Editing Players) Option

I can't do it I'm not a die hard Live fan but wanted to give them a chance because competition is good but 2k is an automatic buy every year and I can't purchase this game with less features for the same price esp. after them taking an extra year to release it no excuse for it EA.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:59 PM   #27
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes.

It depends on the mode you're playing. I play dynasty mode in live and will take whatever roster it gives.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #28
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't really buy basketball titles brand new any more, I usually wait quite a while and buy it cheap/used. But still, no roster/player editing is just terrible and hopefully EA feels it well in sales (if it actually didn't make its way into the game).

The poll should be given to EA, asking them: "How low sales need to be in order for you to add a edit roster/player feature?" Apparently with the last 3 titles, sales still haven't hit that number.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 06-11-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #29
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Absolutely not.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I don't really buy basketball titles brand new any more, I usually wait quite a while and buy it cheap/used. But still, no roster/player editing is just terrible and hopefully EA feels it well in sales (if it actually didn't make its way into the game).

The poll should be given to EA, asking them: "How low sales need to be in order for you to add a edit roster/player feature?" Apparently with the last 3 titles, sales still haven't hit that number.
I am beginning to think NBA LIVE Series is just a tax right off for EA SPORTS.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 06-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #31
Banned

Nope

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 10:37 PM   #32
Banned

1st let me say that im that guy that buys ALL the lives maddens&nba 2ks. Mostly out of nostalgia as far as live goes...i havent touched it since like week 2 because of the limitations they've placed on themselves or should i say on me. I'll end up grabbin it around Christmas when its dirt cheap($20-$10) but im sure it wont get much burn from me.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Operation Sports mobile app
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »