Home

***Official Detroit Pistons Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Detroit Pistons Thread*** within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #1017
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: ***Official Detroit Pistons Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
We don't get that lottery pick though if we suck this year though, because of that Maggette/Gordon trade.
It's lottery protected this year.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #1018
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
It's lottery protected this year.
I thought it was only top 3/5 protected this year. I am very excited for tonight's game though.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #1019
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I thought it was only top 3/5 protected this year. I am very excited for tonight's game though.
We couldn't close. We had a chance to win but blew it.

Also, l3ulvl was right about Drummond's play time. I was impressed by Singler and English.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #1020
All Star

redsrule's Arena

It was only 1 game, but yeah they couldn't close. I only watched part of the first half, but it looked like the team was forcing up a lot of bad shots as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #1021
All Star

OVR: 13

My probably-way-too-early observations:

1) Stuckey needs to go...he is one of my least favorite "types" of NBA player in the world: a volume scorer. Sure he can go get you 22 points, but he'll do it on 8-for-20 shooting, most of them bad contested jumpers and hopeless headlong drives into a crowded paint, where he is apparently under the impression that he is Dwayne Wade or Kobe and can get any call anytime he wants. Wrong. In addition, he plays no defense; or at least none worth noting. Plus, his part in that shameful walk-out 2 seasons ago is not forgotten, and his general attitude in my opinion stinks. Some team will want his services under the misguided impression that he's a good scorer on a bad team. I'd ship him out of town for a ham sandwich.

2) Tayshaun needs to go if we can get a worthwhile part or pick back. He's been a loyal Piston and I have no ill-will toward him whatsoever (although he does seem to sulk and was also involved in the aforementioned "boycott" a few seasons back IIRC), but I just find myself wondering what the heck he's doing on this team? By which I mean, we're at least a few seasons away from being a contender, and he's not really a foundational player around which you build. He's a great addition to any team 1-2 guys away from being serious title threats, but on the current re-building / work-in-progress roster, he's just kind of....there. He goes out and tries to get us 15-10 or whatever, but every time he's on the court I just get the feeling he's going through the motions. I mean, he was never the most overly emotional guy out there anyway (which is why he was such a good counter-point on the "Goin' to work" squads), but right now he just looks passion-less out there. Maybe just my interpretation, though.

3) Lawrence Frank....I'm just not sold on this guy. I never really liked him in New Jersey, and at some point the Pistons have to stop the musical chairs that is their head coaching position, but I just don't see what's so good about him that he keeps getting head coaching jobs. He's not a brilliant tactician, he's average (at best) at player development, I hear he's fine with player relations, but on the whole....he gets a big "meh" from me. I think you gotta stick with him and give him a chance since you hired the guy, but I'm not really expecting great things. I hear Larry Brown is coaching again....

4) The young nucleus is promising; I think our starting lineup at this point should be (assuming we cut bait on Stuckey and Tayshaun as above): Knight - English - Jerebko - Maxiell - Monroe. Get Drummond some real PT to let him learn, see if Singler and Middleton can contribute, sprinkle in Kravstov and evaluate Daye to see if he's an NBA player or not.

5) Someone please take Villanueva off our hands....please. Anyone. We'll take a bag of basketballs. Seriously.

If this team can't learn to play with a lead, it's going to be a long season....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #1022
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm looking forward to the Drummond/Monroe future frontcourt. Monroe is off to a slow start this year but he'll be fine. Keep increasing Drummond's minutes, he could be real good. Even if his offense never develops, he can be a great rim protector.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #1023
All Star

OVR: 13

Yeah, I think Drummond-Monroe could be awesome. I think Moose is struggling right now because he's trying to do too much, trying to kind of be "the guy" instead of just letting the game develop as it will. It's okay, though, because he seems committed to developing new parts of his game (a legit jumper, perimter passing) that will serve him/us well in the future, even if it looks bad now. Stuckey...whatever. I made my feelings clear on him earlier. And Lawrence Frank, seriously - I'm not deluded enough to think this is a playoff team this year, but you don't give yourself any kind of chance when you spot the rest of the league 4+ games to start the year. Our schedule is tough for sure, but still - the stats on teams making any kind of a season when they start 0-5, 0-6, 0-7, etc. are pretty tough...
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #1024
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Why can't we completely suck next year, and get the #1 overall pick and a wing like Andrew Wiggins? This year, imo, the best two prospects are both big men (who wed don't need)...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »