Home

Playmakers NCAA 11 & 14 Alumni Dynasty Rosters

This is a discussion on Playmakers NCAA 11 & 14 Alumni Dynasty Rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #49
Rookie

Scarecrow IzA G's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Playmakers NCAA 11 Alumni Dynasty Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
No where yet.....

I'm won't get started on the Alumni Rosters until 1-2 weeks from now.

Good luck with them
Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

And now some examples:
|QB|HB|WR|TE|OL|DT|DE|LB|CB|S||All Players|Off Backs|Receivers|Trenches|Back 7
4.29|86|93|93|89|63|75|83|85|92|92||99|97|96|92|94
4.43|83|91|92|87|62|73|82|85|91|90||93|92|92|88|91
4.56|80|90|90|85|61|72|81|84|91|89||88|87|89|83|88
4.71|77|88|88|83|60|70|79|83|90|88||82|82|85|78|85
4.92|72|85|85|80|59|67|78|82|89|86||74|75|80|71|80
5.03|70|83|83|78|58|66|77|81|89|85||69|72|77|67|78
5.27|65|80|80|75|57|63|74|80|88|83||60|63|71|59|72
(I hope you can tell that the categories produced much better results than the individual positions)

Just while I was writing this up, I've already made a change, but I hope that's my last one. Originally, my categories for defensive players had OLs and DTs in one, DEs and LBs in another, and CBs with Safeties in the final category. This didn't produce satisfactory results, especially for the defensive backfield. By grouping the DEs in with the other lineman, and moving the LBs with the defensive backfield (Back 7), the results were much more satisfying.

For example, originally a 4.29 DB was listed at 92 with a 5.27 DB at 83. 94 and 72, respectively, are much better in comparison to the other ratings.

Hope this is of use to, well, anybody besides me.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-22-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #51
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Dont know. Never used his.

I agree though: gotta change the ratings if you're doing alumni rosters. I've done about 4 teams in 11 so far: Ohio St, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Nebraska. On Michigan, I have Tom Brady as a Soph (behind Rick Leach and Jon Wangler), and I believe he's a 78 overall (he obviously wasnt great in college but I wanted him on the roster). Leach is like an 85 or something. Since I want Michigan to be more run-dominant, I changed all the OL ratings to slant them that way (better run blockers than pass blockers). This team took awhile because @ default they are Spread (which I hate).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

I started on Boise St lastnight.....

Man they have some nice QB's....on the file they will all be system Qb meaning they will lack arm strength but have very good accuarcy

The scouting reports i read on them say's most of them had great touch but struggled throwing deep do to arm strength

Zabransky, Dinwiddie, McMillan and Hendricks

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #53
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope someone enters the names of these teams on TB. So Playmaker can put the ratings up for us PS3 guys I will enter the ratings if they teams ever get put up
S
Old 07-18-2010, 06:05 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
Dont know. Never used his.

I agree though: gotta change the ratings if you're doing alumni rosters. I've done about 4 teams in 11 so far: Ohio St, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Nebraska. On Michigan, I have Tom Brady as a Soph (behind Rick Leach and Jon Wangler), and I believe he's a 78 overall (he obviously wasnt great in college but I wanted him on the roster). Leach is like an 85 or something. Since I want Michigan to be more run-dominant, I changed all the OL ratings to slant them that way (better run blockers than pass blockers). This team took awhile because @ default they are Spread (which I hate).
I'm going to knock out about 60 teams that I already have rated from 09 and 10 rosters.....Then when I'm done with those 60 I'll commence to doing about 20-25 new squads that were never created before.

Hoping to get about 80-85 teams up and running this year....

People think the CPU can't run the option right....waite til they see the Alumni rosters with guys like Dee Dowis-(Air Force), Tommy Frazier-(Neb) or J.J Joe-(Baylor) executing it........

The option is completely lacking with EA's default QB's being the problem

Old 07-18-2010, 06:37 AM   #55
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

PM: have you started any yet? I think I mightve found a problem (surprising with EA)....

As I mentioned I had about 4 teams done, then also did another one yesterday. I also DL'd someones roster set for current players. In between making some tweaks to the teams I had done and adding that 5th team, i played a few games offline, and one online.

After my online game I went back in to do some more roster work, when i noticed something screwed up with Oklahoma: the names were all stil there but the #s, ratings, ethnicity, and equipment had reverted back to their originals. Frustrated, I re-did Oklahoma but wasnt a big deal. Checked all my other teams to make sure they were still ok, and they were.

Played a couple more games, went back in: Ohio State & Michigan both now had the same issue. I immediately deleted the DL'd roster set had gotten, thinking it had an issue (i rarely use current players anyway).

I had set my system to auto save so everything had been saved. Besides, the names wouldve been erased also if it was an issue of saving the file. So I now have it set to manual save, thinking that may have been the problem.

Hopefully I wont, but if I see that again, Im going to stop doing the rosters.

Not sure if you have done much roster work yet (with all the slider work youve been doing) or if you had run into any issues. Something to look out for....

Last edited by billysims; 07-18-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #56
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

playmaker...looking foward to your Alumni roster...

but lets say i wanted to undertake the task of rerating they rosters for the currents game....then every yr i would rerate the freshamn if i could...

could you give me a template as to how i might go about such a task...do i go the the highest rating for every attribute minus that from 99 then edit every player on a curve for that attribute...

im willing to do it but could you lay down some ground work as to what the thought process would be for me to undertake such a task with the current rosters..than you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »