Home

Generic Editor with NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Generic Editor with NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Generic Editor with NCAA 14

I'm primarily focused on roster edits at this point. I've made every players acceleration rating equal their speed rating, and then lowered those ratings by eight. I also changed the strength rating using a scale I developed based on weight - think of strength in terms of mass. I watched two amazing CPU vs CPU games last night.

Some other changes that I will be making:
Lower carry ratings
Lower injury ratings for lineman
QB THA based on completion percentage plus 20
Across the board ratings per team based on a specific formula for certain categories
-blocking
-block shedding
-tackling
-coverage
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #58
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quick question to any who have experience editing xml files. I have zero experience and just started messing with it last night trying to self teach. Anyways, what I want to do is create tabs under a tab if that makes sense. For example when you load the config file it has all the main tabs at the top. If I click on the PLAY tab (I've changed it to players) it shows all the fields in that tab. I'd like to click on the PLAY tab and then have maybe 4-5 tabs under that such as attributes, body type, appearance, general info, etc. What kind of code should I use to accomplish this. I've googled it but I get boat loads of info that I don't need nor understand lol. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Quick question to any who have experience editing xml files. I have zero experience and just started messing with it last night trying to self teach. Anyways, what I want to do is create tab under tabs if that makes sense. For example when you load the config file it has all the main tabs at the top. If I click on the PLAY tab (I've changed it to players) it shows all the fields in that tab. I'd like to click on the PLAY tab and then have maybe 4-5 tabs under that such as attributes, body type, appearance, general info, etc. What kind of could should I use to accomplish this. I've googled it but I get boat loads of info that I don't need. Thanks in advance guys.
PM me and I will give you my email address. You can send me the file, and I can take a stab at it.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Where's the best place to download modio? I downloaded one but it looks completely different than what's in the screenshots, so it must be a different version.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #61
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersbears
Where's the best place to download modio? I downloaded one but it looks completely different than what's in the screenshots, so it must be a different version.
Sent you a PM. Remember guys if you have questions about the tools used don't reply, use the PM feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #62
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Funny thing...in all my tweaking of the running game...maxing out Run Ability at 127 I have yet to see the CPU AI utilize a Spin Move. Also, still trying to figure out the best combination to generate good pass rush vs. oline play. I'm really trying not to mess with sliders this year.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #63
Rookie

I have successfully used the Madden editor to edit a roster file, including exporting and importing data from a csv. I bet we could use the NCAA edito if it allowed us to open files other than mc02 files.

Note - I wouldn't use the madden editor for anything except roster files.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21SEC
I have successfully used the Madden editor to edit a roster file, including exporting and importing data from a csv. I bet we could use the NCAA edito if it allowed us to open files other than mc02 files.

Note - I wouldn't use the madden editor for anything except roster files.
When you used the Madden Editor, did you also need to do the Hex editing in order to save the edited file back into the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »