Home

Generic Editor with NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Generic Editor with NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Generic Editor with NCAA 14

1. Is it possible to edit a configuration so that it's easier to read?

2. I only watch CPU vs CPU games. Although, I haven't watched hardly any game play as of yet due to editing rosters. From what you all are seeing, are the same edits that were suggested last year still needed for 14? Anything that jumps out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
When you used the Madden Editor, did you also need to do the Hex editing in order to save the edited file back into the game?
Yes. I'll email you those HxD steps as soon as I kick my son off the computer.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #67
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The dude abides"
1. Is it possible to edit a configuration so that it's easier to read?

2. I only watch CPU vs CPU games. Although, I haven't watched hardly any game play as of yet due to editing rosters. From what you all are seeing, are the same edits that were suggested last year still needed for 14? Anything that jumps out?

Good question. For me last year I spent a lot of time trying to get the running game right; whereas this year EA put major emphasis on the run game. So I don't see myself spending a whole lot of time there. Something has to be done about INT's which should be easy. As it stands now defenders catch the ball as good as wide receivers. Also, the pass rush...making Clowney a beast while not allowing him to fall prey to a less talented OL simply because the OL's strength rating is high.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21SEC
Yes. I'll email you those HxD steps as soon as I kick my son off the computer.
21SEC can i get a copy as well of the directions..just sent you a private message.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also not too fimilar with the generic editor..in the filters section how do i use it properly?
such as i understand field..But what is "OP" and the symbols represent and how do i use it to filter out more things.

EX: IF i want to edit just RE and LE how do i perform this action using the filter?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsumichigan
Also not too fimilar with the generic editor..in the filters section how do i use it properly?
such as i understand field..But what is "OP" and the symbols represent and how do i use it to filter out more things.

EX: IF i want to edit just RE and LE how do i perform this action using the filter?
You'd have to figure out which column is the postion column (PPOS) and then what value is listed for each position. For example, I think it goes something like this: 0=QB, 1=RB, etc...

If I remember correctly, you can only edit one position at a time.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #71
Rookie

Hey this is a copy past of a general discussion post. I am wondering if anyone knows a solution to my problem. Roster editing doenst seem to work since it's a teambuilder dynasty...

I wanted to do a ''special'' scenario dynasty for this game and I can't at the moment...

Long story short, I'm from Canada and I know the CIS (Canadian university) football quite well. I wanted to do a fictional scenario where a canadian university becomes a FBS member. So I created a Teambuilder team in Montreal (MCgill) and I loaded it with the best players in the CIS. This team would be filled with Canadians and would be the lowest rated team in the game and would compete in the MAC. The only pipeline would be Canada naturally and my goal would be to get every canadian prospects every year and eventually some americans to get some quality talent. I worked a lot on my teambuilder team and was waiting for the game to get out soo much... (By the way this was my first teambuilder team even if I play since NCAA 10). But now I learned the hard way that it seem theres no way to change the state, city of players on a teambuilder team... (WTF) so i'm stuck with lot of players from Ohio (Cupcake template) and i'm very disapointed...

So my question is... is there a way that I did'nt found to edit that in the game... and if not is there a way via computer file editing or I dont know what to make my scenario works in a dynasty ??? Im on 360 by the way and i'm quite good with coding and computers so i'm willing to do anything.

Tanks for the reading and sorry for my bad english.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #72
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21SEC
I'm primarily focused on roster edits at this point. I've made every players acceleration rating equal their speed rating, and then lowered those ratings by eight. I also changed the strength rating using a scale I developed based on weight - think of strength in terms of mass. I watched two amazing CPU vs CPU games last night.

Some other changes that I will be making:
Lower carry ratings
Lower injury ratings for lineman
QB THA based on completion percentage plus 20
Across the board ratings per team based on a specific formula for certain categories
-blocking
-block shedding
-tackling
-coverage
Were you able to edit the strength based on weight? I was going to try to, but I didn't see a way for it to not take forever.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »