Home

Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers' NCAA 06 Heisman Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by roonoc
hey playmaker after u finish these heisman sliders u should close the slider tweaking for all three of ur sets, call them final, and go play ur dynasty! great work on all these sliders playmaker! they really are great sliders. But when do u think u will have all three sets finalized and so that no more tweaks will be made???

Yeah those AA sliders are both complete and FINAL. I just went back and brushed up on the Classic set because I had ignored them for a little when I started the College GameDay set. But both AA level sliders are complete and Final.

I'm still smoothing out the Heisman set so these should be Final in about 2 day's at the latest. The base set is pretty much as is so only OL/DL and a base AWR needs to be determined right now.....although I'm highly thinking about just living AWR at 25 for both and allowing the user to determine if they want to increase AWR and leave all other settings intact.

Click on the Link for my current AA level Sliders
College GameDay 1st set
College Classic 2nd set
Playmakers' All-American NCAA 06 Slider Thread
Old 07-26-2005, 01:19 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Aside from playing 5 min. Qtrs, I have been the exact heisman sliders from page 1.
I've enjoyed them quite a bit and they've kept me going for 3 dynasty's.
However in my past 5 games against equal opponets I seem to overwhelm the D-Line (avg of 12.5 sacks and only passes caught by cpu come after the QB is hit and floats one for a bomb)
and my O-line gets dominated so bad up front (depsite ovr. rating avg. of 91) that 50% of time my back is hit and falling to the ground before I ever get the chance to tuck the ball.

Any suggestions, or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Playmakers,

Nevermind, I've since played 3 more games and things have evened themselves out. Apparently your Heisman sliders need no more further adjusting. IMO anyway. Nice job Playmakers, I think I'll roll with these til' 2007 comes out.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:25 PM   #59
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Um that is it for right now.....The base set is pretty equal overall. I'm going to be testing the OL vs DL play this afternoon a little further. As for the AWR like I said I set it at 25 both ways because I'm trying to be flexible for all guy's. I did give the option to leave to the base set of sliders intact and just plug in your own AWR for the CPU 35, 50, or 75 that best fits your skill. Some guy's might can't handle a 50 or 75 AWR by the CPU so lower settings like 25 or 35 might be just perfect for them.

I use to play against the CPU at 75 AWR but what happened was that every time I set QBA and WR catch at 50/50 I was scoring too much so I just decided to go back down more along th elines of my AA setup's and brought them over to Heisman. It plays much better for me because I'm not inflating my offensive skill sliders like QBA, WRC and RBA so now I have to earn my yards but it isn't as bad as people think by playing on the lower settings as opposed to the higher settings. You can still get realistic throws, catches and runs vs the CPU defense.

Click on the Link for my current AA level Sliders
College GameDay 1st set
College Classic 2nd set
Playmakers' All-American NCAA 06 Slider Thread
yeah, test the DL/OL imo is the only missing link on this set, the rest is amazing.
Great Job!

i was thinking maybe

loweing RB and PB for the CPU to 5, maybe to fix the unrealisc power agains the human DL.

On the other hand i was thinking rising PB and RB for human to 80, to get realstic pancakes and balancing BB for the CPU and human to 50 to keep the Human Running game harder. and make cpu human easer, since they got less power on the OL now.

What do you think?

ps, let me know if u want me to try something... when i go back home i will be available for testing.

Last edited by booker21; 07-26-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #60
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
the problem by lowering RB for human will result on almost none existe Pancakes for human OL and this affect the Progression. You should get around 6 to 15 pancakes per game to be the same as the Sim Engine.

Also be carefull by rising WR over 50, i find that if i rise wr catching to 55 i´ll get a lot of deep completition passes.
I know the pancakes are an issue, but I don't think any slider adjustments can fix this without screwing something else up. I've played with HUM P BLK in 80-90's and R BLK in the 50's and CPU BRK BLK in 20's and I still don't get many pancakes while the CPU gets too many... (NOTE: I play with middle-low team: SDSU - they don't have a great OL). I think that increasing HUM R BLK will help, but it would make running too easy - even with RB ABL on 25.

Right now I have WR CAT on 50 for both HUM and CPU. Before finding Playmakers Heisman set, I used to keep the QB AWR at 50 and move WR CAT to 75, but there were too many big plays deep. Keeping the WR CAT at 50 and moving the QB AWR is a great idea... it works well.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:28 PM   #61
MVP

booker21's Arena

i still believe we can get Human pancakes the same as the sim engine wich is what it matters. But of course the CPU OL is a lost issue.. but i still feel we need to tweak this down to make them play more realistic, i can deal to pancakes to my LB and DB but they were beating my DT and DE all the time..

I´m going to test this tweaks and be back with result tonight.. but i want to know what playmakers came up with...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #62
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

The only way to get the CPU pancake blocks down is to jack up the Human Break Block and Jack down the CPU Pass and Run Block.

You have to remember...it's a video game and Heisman is the "hard" difficulty level. Not realistic.."hard".

Now since the Speed cheat is gone..the CPU must receive other advantages to maintain that "hard" difficulty level.

This equates to Huge jumps in strength and awareness.

That's why if you play on default settings, you will get thrown around like rag dolls and the CPU defense will react like all pros.

I had a lot of success evening out Heisman by remembering this.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #63
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The only way to get the CPU pancake blocks down is to jack up the Human Break Block and Jack down the CPU Pass and Run Block.

You have to remember...it's a video game and Heisman is the "hard" difficulty level. Not realistic.."hard".

Now since the Speed cheat is gone..the CPU must receive other advantages to maintain that "hard" difficulty level.

This equates to Huge jumps in strength and awareness.

That's why if you play on default settings, you will get thrown around like rag dolls and the CPU defense will react like all pros.

I had a lot of success evening out Heisman by remembering this.
I know we have to do the following to fix pancakes as best we can:

- to decrease CPU pancakes
HUM BRK BLK - increase
CPU PASS BLK - decrease
CPU RUN BLK - decrease

- to increase HUM pancakes
CPU BRK BLK - decrease
HUM PASS BLK - increase
HUM RUN BLK - increase

AA, for my reference, what are your settings?

Last edited by nxt; 07-26-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #64
MVP

booker21's Arena

nxt, i think those are backwards....

and i´m working on this, let´s hope they don´t mess anything,.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »