Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #1873
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
Mrnice, i play the same way this year and last. make sure you sim play by play. dont watch plays and dont skip till on field. the results will vary greatly this way and mostly the drives for cpu are very short. if you sim play by play you will get a much better result from them. i dont however feel the sliders matter when doing this. i did last year but no now as i have always had it on heisman but tried some different options on sliders and i didnt see a difference. so i think your all good to put these in as they are if you sim play by play when your on D.
Thanks man, I was confused with the split thing he had on there and didn't understand what was what lol. So sim each play on D got it. THX!

Does it matter that I plan to control the qb,rb and such on offense with these sliders? I see alot that are coaching sliders or CPU vs CPU.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #1874
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Nice
Thanks man, I was confused with the split thing he had on there and didn't understand what was what lol. So sim each play on D got it. THX!

Does it matter that I plan to control the qb,rb and such on offense with these sliders? I see alot that are coaching sliders or CPU vs CPU.
no you will be all good playing with the players on these sliders.

and to be clear i think you could just leave the hum D and Cpu O sliders at default and you wont see a difference but i still put the sliders in. and be carefull when you sim play by play. half the time the game doesnt exit the sim screen for you and you have to hit B button when you get ball back. normally works after the cpu scores a td or field goal but not on turnovers or punts so you have to back out yourself or you will sim your own teams O plays. i do it atleast once a game by accident. so just pay attention to the little play tracker
Old 07-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #1875
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnottke
I found the same thing happen when I edited the oline. It seemed that as soon as the ball was snapped I had several dlinemen in my backfield before I even got the ball. Running was nearly impossible early in the game...probably the first 7-10 running plays ...but became easier as the game went on after sticking with it.
Yeah 55 is good - but make sure ratings are matching up - so check the STR rating of the DL, as well as Shed Block. STR doesn't matter for the running game - it's been tested - just RBK mainly. It sucks because RBK is like an OVR that should be made up of STR,Agilitiy, Acceleration, Stamina, etc.

But here's the nice thing, use 55 - then adjust the RBL from there if it gets to become too hard. That's why we have it @ zero - so you can work from there with the RBK edit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #1876
Rookie

OVR: 0

Matt, I know you've been testing these in a dynasty setting but how well would these work in an User v User environment (i.e. Online Dynasty or Play Now)?
Old 07-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #1877
Rookie

Deadeye15's Arena

OVR: 11

I was frustrated a few days ago because I am in an OD with a friend and it's not possible to edit the players ratings like is desired. We both were finding it too easy to run and the AI couldn't run at all. But last night I watched your stream for a bit and put in all of the new changes listed in the testing section that we hadn't been using (aside from the ratings edits obviously) and let me say, I just had the best game to date.

I know you said to try out some other teams and not just your team but it's an OD so I was Maryland against the AI as Florida State. I had been running a read option offense and they completely destroyed my running game while running it down my throats with their own options. Here's the box score:

Maryland Terrapins at Florida State Seminoles
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Maryland Terrapins ()33782647
Florida State Seminoles ()77702041
Team Stats Comparison
MDFSU
Total Offense354467
Rushing Yards142144
Passing Yards212323
First Downs1720
Punt Return Yards2630
Kick Return Yards7422
Total Yards454519
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion7-159-17
4th Down Conversion1-22-3
2-Point Conversion1-30-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals7-6-18-5-0
Penalties1 - 150 - 0
Posession Time15:4016:20
Maryland Terrapins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C.J. Brown16/3021241
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C.J. Brown25933.60
Wes Brown16442.72
Albert Reid461.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Stefon Diggs1013213.24
Florida State Seminoles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Winston24/3532341
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Wilder Jr.231365.92
J. Winston18-7-0.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
K. Shaw710014.20

Their rushing stats are slightly skewed because I sacked him a bunch when he tried to scramble. I only had 1 or 2 actual sacks with 5 or so coming from when he tried to run and my guys would pull him down. The only issue I had at all was there was only 1 penalty the entire game. Other than that it was the most enjoyable experience I have had this year. A 4 OT comeback win in Florida State. It's only 1 game, I know, but if it plays like this every game the slider set is perfect to me.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #1878
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

great job per usual guys coming up with the "latest" final version.. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #1879
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
Mrnice, i play the same way this year and last. make sure you sim play by play. dont watch plays and dont skip till on field. the results will vary greatly this way and mostly the drives for cpu are very short. if you sim play by play you will get a much better result from them. i dont however feel the sliders matter when doing this. i did last year but no now as i have always had it on heisman but tried some different options on sliders and i didnt see a difference. so i think your all good to put these in as they are if you sim play by play when your on D.
hey hurtknee, i have seen you saying that when running the option out of the flexbone the read man always takes the dive, and I can verify that this is not the case. I don't use these sliders, but even when changing them, I can attest to that. I ran five FB dives, then two triple options all of one game, and after about halfway through the 2nd, the dive man was all over the place. Even after the first two drives, I missed a couple of key b-back reads because the dive man took the qb instead, and I got bottled up. I don't know how you string together your plays, but as in real football, it does make a difference here.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #1880
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by temaat89
Matt, I know you've been testing these in a dynasty setting but how well would these work in an User v User environment (i.e. Online Dynasty or Play Now)?
Why not try and find out?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »