Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2018, 02:37 AM   #4201
Pro

OVR: 0
Dallas Cowboys War Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Well, at a minimum he has a DUI charge. More charges could & probably are going to be added at some point. The DUI charge alone warrants a suspension under the NFL substance abuse policy. Other things he could be charged with are leaving the scene of an accident, attempted assault on a police officer, reckless driving, making threats to a public figure to name a few.

If DUI is all that he ends up getting our of this then it will probably only be a 2 game suspension instead of a typical 4 game suspension when drugs are involved. However, I think more charges are coming to Williams. I mean he's trying to blame this on a former college teammate that was supposedly with him by reports now but he's claiming that former teammate had his car & was driving it & he didn't even know that his car had been wrecked until he showed up on the scene.

I think he's just grasping at straws here trying to throw the blame on somebody else. It was obvious from his mugshot that Williams was highly intoxicated. I think he was driving & Wright was probably a passenger in the car with him.

They both were probably intoxicated but it was Williams car & the keys were found in his possession & not in Wright's possession. That's what I think happened. Sure did mess up a really nice car too but that's the least of his worries now. LOL!

He wasn’t charged with a DUI. He was charged with Public Intoxication. Not defending him at all just getting the facts straight.

The cops actually have no proof that he was behind the wheel of the car when it was wrecked or when he was intoxicated. Common sense may tell you he was driving but there is no physical evidence (so far) that says he was behind the wheel and intoxicated when the vehicle was wrecked. Again, not defending him, that’s just the facts.

Last edited by Mr B; 05-27-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 03:22 PM   #4202
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
He wasn’t charged with a DUI. He was charged with Public Intoxication. Not defending him at all just getting the facts straight.

The cops actually have no proof that he was behind the wheel of the car when it was wrecked or when he was intoxicated. Common sense may tell you he was driving but there is no physical evidence (so far) that says he was behind the wheel and intoxicated when the vehicle was wrecked. Again, not defending him, that’s just the facts.
My bad. You're right. He hasn't been charged with DUI yet because the police don't know who the driver was yet. It was a Public Intoxication change & not DUI. It's going to come out regardless of who was driving the car. I think personally it was Williams & not Wright but only them 2 guys know who was behind the wheel. More charges are certainly pending & probably coming for Williams regardless.

This means some sort of suspension from the league. If it does turn out to only be a Public Intoxication charge in the end then Williams might end up getting by with just a serious fine & at most a 1 game suspension. However, there's way more to this story than what's being reported & said right now. What I do believe now though is that Williams now has a solid chance of being released/cut with the core of WR's that we already have anyhow. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #4203
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
My bad. You're right. He hasn't been charged with DUI yet because the police don't know who the driver was yet. It was a Public Intoxication change & not DUI. It's going to come out regardless of who was driving the car. I think personally it was Williams & not Wright but only them 2 guys know who was behind the wheel. More charges are certainly pending & probably coming for Williams regardless.

This means some sort of suspension from the league. If it does turn out to only be a Public Intoxication charge in the end then Williams might end up getting by with just a serious fine & at most a 1 game suspension. However, there's way more to this story than what's being reported & said right now. What I do believe now though is that Williams now has a solid chance of being released/cut with the core of WR's that we already have anyhow. Thanks.

I think whatever happens it will end up working out for the team. I agree that Williams should be gone, regardless on what charges he ends up facing. If he is suspended though then that gives the young guys an opportunity to step up. Or if they just cut him it gives the young guys an opportunity. Either way it works out for the team.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #4204
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Honestly, I’m not sure why the fan base despises Terrence Williams so much. He is what he is as a player , but he’s certainly good enough to be on our roster. I hope the legal situation works out in a way where it’s behind him by the time camp starts, and he can get healthy + compete with the other receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-05-2018, 07:30 PM   #4205
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Honestly, I’m not sure why the fan base despises Terrence Williams so much. He is what he is as a player , but he’s certainly good enough to be on our roster. I hope the legal situation works out in a way where it’s behind him by the time camp starts, and he can get healthy + compete with the other receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The issue for me is that he blocks more interesting players from getting PT.

I doubt you could field a functional passing game without some veterans but I want Gallup, Brown, and Wilson getting fair run with the 1s in Training Camp and Preseason...not wasting time with known commodities like Beasley and Williams.

This team is looking at having to make a lot of cuts to some good players when it comes time to trim the roster to 53 and he's not doing himself any favors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #4206
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Dak Prescott showing his leadership for the Boys: http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowb...n-full-display
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #4207
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

Good news for us Cowboy fans: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...paid-nfl-guard
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 06-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #4208
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Some off-the-field news: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...id-less-mascot
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »