Home

NHL 2K10: Need Player Ratings?

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10: Need Player Ratings? within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #49
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3
Don't know if these were asked yet:

Daniel Alfredsson
Jason Spezza
Pascal Leclaire
Andrew Cogliano (OVR & SPEED)
Dustin Penner
Ales Hemsky (AGILITY & CREATIVITY)

Last edited by VeNOM2099; 09-01-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #50
Rookie

KrossRoad's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
That's cool. So their ratings are based on the type of player they are?

Or is that just their overall rating and then their classification?

Yeah, the player type has a major impact on the rating of the player. Take a 90 OVR Scorer and make him a Utility player, he'll more than likely wind up much lower (in some instances this won't be true as Ovechkin has the player traits to make a good Utility player [high Aggressiveness and Checking]).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I will say one thing about 2k ratings; they do an amazing job at that. Can't wait for this bad boy!

Last edited by KrossRoad; 09-01-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 2K10: Need Player Ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrossRoad
Yeah, the player type has a major impact on the rating of the player. Take a 90 OVR Scorer and make him a Utility player, he'll more than likely wind up much lower (in some instances this won't be true as Ovechkin has the player traits to make a good Utility player [high Aggressiveness and Checking]).

If you are the ratings guy. You really do a good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #52
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

wow!! richards and carter rated higher than zetterberg???....

richards could equal zetterberg this year, but no way in holy hell should carter be ranked above zetterberg. Carter is a scorer plays decent defense , simple player. Zetterberg does everything, great passer, stickhandler, can score, great backchecker.

this is what my edited rosters would look like :

Richards- 91
Carter 90
Zetterberg - 93

Last edited by phillyfan23; 09-02-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
wow!! richards and carter rated higher than zetterberg???....

richards could equal zetterberg this year, but no way in holy hell should carter be ranked above zetterberg. Carter is a scorer plays decent defense , simple player. Zetterberg does everything, great passer, stickhandler, can score, great backchecker.

this is what my edited rosters would look like :

Richards- 91
Carter 90
Zetterberg - 93
I wonder if Zetterberg's injury-prone back might have had something to do with it?
I'm not that upset by that though. Zetterberg is still rated high and I'm sure his defensive ratings are spot on, so it's all good.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #54
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I wonder if Zetterberg's injury-prone back might have had something to do with it?
I'm not that upset by that though. Zetterberg is still rated high and I'm sure his defensive ratings are spot on, so it's all good.
ya could be, but you still give zetterberg the benefit of the doubt. This guy is easily my favorite player outside of the flyers. plays the game right way. No crying , no whining , just gets the job done.

I guess that's why we have the edit a player feature.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #55
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3
As KrossRoad said, don't be worrying too much about what a player's overal rating is. What will count much more down the line are his CORE abilities (what makes Zetterberg play like Zetterberg). Also, as he explains it, his player type affects the attribute skew. So a player like say, Kovalev who's a finess player will have his overall much more affected by having his pass attribute raised than say, his shot power attribute.

Likely, Zetterberg's DURABILITY attribute contributed to his low overall, but that doesn't mean he's going to necessarily be a worse player than either Carter or Richards. This isn't EA's game here where his overal means he's the best in the game or the worst.

I'm pretty sure when you get the game and play with Zetterberg, you'll notice you won't have to change his attributes after all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #56
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

^^^

I don't understand the reasoning behind having player types affecting player ratings. Just makes it confusing for the user.....

could be effective and accurate for the gameplay and sim stats ( and that's all that matters actually) but it is confusing.

When I see a 93 overall vs 92 overall I will think the 93 is the better player, I don't want to think in my head...oh the 93 player is the scoring type while the 92 is the well rounded type. Since this affects this and that affects that....the 92 is better.

Hopefully, the better player is going to have the better overall rating next year.

by the way, I hope we get a thread by the title:

"Need Gameplay videos on higher difficulty settings where sliders are changed for a sim game???? "

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »