Home

***The Official OOTP Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official OOTP Thread*** within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #681
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: ***The Official OOTP Thread***

I've barely used the fictional league option when playing OOTP so I just started one.

Welcome to the American Baseball League. There are 16 teams to start. Only division winners make the playoffs.

In the Eastern Conference, we have the Philadelphia Canaries, who have started this inaugural season 4-0 with a four game sweep of the San Francisco Hitmen. In the Canaries' division, we have the Charlotte Mohicans, the Indianapolis Walleye, and the Chicago Cannonballers.

Also in the National Conference, we have the Ft. Worth Toreros. In their division, we have the Houston Bruisers, the Austin Olympians and the SF Hitmen.

In Patriot Conference, we have the Memphis Parrots, the Jacksonville Riders, the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Milwaukee Lone Stars, the Shreveport Lions, the El Paso Stags, the LA Killer Bees, and the Irving Sliders.

I randomly chose to be the GM of the Hitmen, so without further ado, your 2017 SF Hitmen.

Our ace pitcher: 24 year old Jason McEntee, he's our best player at 4 stars and he could get better (4.5 star potential.) He's a Fan Fav. His changeup is his best pitch.

Our best offensive player: Gianluigi "the Hulk" Farentino. He's earning seventeen million dollars this season. (Ouch.) He's signed through 2023. He's outspoken, so the press loves him. He's a very good defender with a good eye and good contact. If you couldn't tell, he's Italian.

Third best player: SP Danny "the Shredder" Shrader. He's making seventeen million this season and he's a free agent afterwards. He has 4 star potential and he's 3.5 right now. He's thrown for a plus curveball and cutter. He's also got a good forkball, oddly enough. Unlike McEntee, he's a lefty.

Next up: outfielder Nate Gallagher. He's a fan fav, he receives the biggest ovations. Great defense in the outfielder and even a very good first baseman. Not a good hitter, though.

SP3: Jim Lybarger. He's an outspoken motor mouth. He has better movement than stuff. His changeup is also his best pitch. He's making sixteen mil and he's a free agent after this season. He too is a forkballer. He's 35.

We're a bit overloaded with SP depth, as SP's fill the top of our roster talent wise.

Other highlights:

OF Jian "King" Cong, a power hitter who is very fast and a great threat on the bases.

SS Macho Llamas. Good defender, not much of a bat.

C Mel "Trout" Lopez. I want to change his nickname to Brooks or Brook (for Brook Lopez.) Great eye, good contact hitter.

40 year old first baseman Kellen "the Doctor" Mednick. Power hitter.

Loved seeing this. SS Jeff Dunham. Nicknamed him the Ventriloquist.

RP Steve "Milkman" Milkovich

We're 0-4 so it's looking like it'll be a long season.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #682
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Anyone know how to change the location of the All Star Game? I'm starting a Marlins save and I want to have the 2017 ASG in Marlins Park as it will be IRL.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #683
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Started a Cubs save and I'm in the first home series of the year against the Dodgers. We just had a 65 minute SNOW delay. I've never seen that before.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #684
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

When replaying a season, do most people use the historical lineup/rotation option or set your own?

I'm doing an 85 Cards replay, still on OOTP 14, and was surprised McGee is a 12 CF.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #685
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Just downloaded and installed this. Never played any OOTP before, but always here amazing things. I'm just browsing it and wow is it deep. I keep reading about mods, are there any MUST haves by any certain users before I dive into it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 09:53 PM   #686
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Is there a way to see individual pitch velocity and control/movement? Under editor and scouting I only see a basic "stuff" and "movement" but Im wondering if there was a way to see it for each specific pitch? Sometimes I want to try and trade a pitcher with a big breaking ball etc. I guess what i'm looking for is a breakdown similar to The Show
Old 04-29-2017, 11:42 PM   #687
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Is there a way to see individual pitch velocity and control/movement? Under editor and scouting I only see a basic "stuff" and "movement" but Im wondering if there was a way to see it for each specific pitch? Sometimes I want to try and trade a pitcher with a big breaking ball etc. I guess what i'm looking for is a breakdown similar to The Show
No. Effectiveness is measured in the individual pitch ratings. But that's all you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #688
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Just started up a Yankees save and had a great first month. We're 18-6, first in the division, 1.5 games up on Toronto. We're first in runs scored and first in starters' ERA.

Tanaka: 5-1, 1.72 ERA
Pineda (3-1, 2.09 ERA, he's in a contract year and our owner wants us to resign him. Glad he's performing this well.)
Severino (2-0, 2.38)
Sabathia (2-0, 2.08. CC turning back the clock!)

Chad Green holds the fifth spot, he's 2-1 but he has a 5.68 ERA so I might look into a trade for a starter to replace him. Of our bullpen guys, Jonathan Holder (0.73 ERA in 12.1 innings) and Clippard (0.90 ERA in 10 innings) have been awesome. Betances has a 2.79 ERA with 8 saves while Chapman's ERA is at 3.60 right now. Hopefully he comes back to his previous form.

Ellsbury his tearing the cover off the ball. He's our leadoff hitter and he's batting .370.

Sanchez is only hitting .171 which is very disappointing. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

Headley is hitting .312 while Didi is hitting .292. We're 6th in most of the offensive categories.

Judge is not playing anywhere near his real life counterpart. He's hitting .254 with 3 homers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »