Home

Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

This is a discussion on Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #121
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz
I believe the specific question is whether Arrange Mode team use in Season Mode is unlocked from the start or is it a shop purchase still.
Not sure, I'll be sure to check it in a bit and let you all know. I was able to make trades in the arrange mode though with the Yankees and Pirates and I was pretty sure I could not do that last year without unlocking the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #122
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag66
Not sure, I'll be sure to check it in a bit and let you all know. I was able to make trades in the arrange mode though with the Yankees and Pirates and I was pretty sure I could not do that last year without unlocking the mode.
I could do it last year without unlocking it, I could pick one player from a team and move him to the other team without having to unlock it.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #123
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Game Crazy had none and said next week. Gamestop only got 2 and sold out of both. I was too tired and lazy to try anywhere else. Kinda disappointed - I'm looking forward to playing this on the Wii.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #124
MVP

duke776's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Game Crazy had none and said next week. Gamestop only got 2 and sold out of both. I was too tired and lazy to try anywhere else. Kinda disappointed - I'm looking forward to playing this on the Wii.
Gamestop better get more than two copies of the ps2 version tomorrow because I will be pretty mad if I don't get it tomorrow. I don't know why the game stores don't get at least 5 of them or something, only 2??? That just seems stupid to me. Maybe because it's not a huge game, they don't get many.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #125
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

Yes! It appears that the CPU difficulty settings can be changed once a season is started. While they cannot be changed from the pregame lineup screen, they can be changed from the main season menu by going to System>Options.

This is a big one for me, as I hated the game getting too easy in the middle of a season as I improved and not being able to increase the CPU difficulty without having to start over.

Also to the folks that were asking, you can use arrange teams in season mode without having to unlock anything. I just tested and confirmed.

Also the commentary is much improved, while it's still the same "Quagmire" voice, it is much more accurate this year. I just played a quick game with the Braves, and gameplay seems pretty much the same as last year, it seemed that the CPU threw a few more balls, but it still seems very hard to draw a walk. Granted this is only after one game. I did notice the CPU being a little more active with moves during the game, i.e. double switches, which I don't remember seeing too much last year, if at all.

Last edited by BengalTiger; 07-29-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #126
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
Yes! It appears that the CPU difficulty settings can be changed once a season is started. While they cannot be changed from the pregame lineup screen, they can be changed from the main season menu by going to System>Options.

This is a big one for me, as I hated the game getting too easy in the middle of a season as I improved and not being able to increase the CPU difficulty without having to start over.

Also to the folks that were asking, you can use arrange teams in season mode without having to unlock anything. I just tested and confirmed.
SWEEETT..

About to start a season as we speak.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Sounds like we're in business! Too bad about the Wii save/SD card situation still occurring though.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #128
MVP

duke776's Arena

Quote:

Sweet! Both things are awesome, I like that we can change the settings in the middle of a season because I also hated when a level of difficulty got too easy and we had to wait until the end of the year to change it. Now, when I get the game I can update every team and play with them right away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »