Home

Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

This is a discussion on Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #137
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz
What are your difficulty settings?
I had the AI pitching set to All Star, their batting set to normal. I wanted to set them down pretty easily so I could see how they pitched. Something seems different about AI pitch selection, more natural if that makes any sense, but only one game so who knows if that was just a random vibe. Really pounded me inside looking at the post-game wrap-up. More than I thought actually.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I had the AI pitching set to All Star, their batting set to normal. I wanted to set them down pretty easily so I could see how they pitched. Something seems different about AI pitch selection, more natural if that makes any sense, but only one game so who knows if that was just a random vibe. Really pounded me inside looking at the post-game wrap-up. More than I thought actually.
Maybe try playing against a pitcher with notoriously bad control? Are Zito's stats accurate?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #139
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm a weak man. I caved and just went out to get it. There are two Gamestops in the mall by my house. I called one of them beforehand and the guy said they had two. When I went into the store (I never know which one I call) the guy sold me the only copy they got for the PS2. So, between the two Gamestops in one big mall just south of Boston they got 3 copies for the PS2.

I remember last year being like this too when it came out. Most people have never even heard of it because 2K doesn't really market it like they do their MLB series.

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 07-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #140
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I seem to notice this too. I'm seeing more fastball/offspeed type selections by the AI which have been keeping me off balance. Also does it seem to you that there is more "variety" in the speed of the pitches than last year? Fastballs feel like they have more zip on them while offspeed pitches have me swinging early. There appears to be a bigger gap in speeds, but I may be wrong.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #141
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm new to the series, but I like it. Drew 2 walks, but I'm not good at that anyways. I noticed that they love to go for corners when they pitch to you. Fielding can be a bit sluggish, but overall, I think its a great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
I seem to notice this too. I'm seeing more fastball/offspeed type selections by the AI which have been keeping me off balance. Also does it seem to you that there is more "variety" in the speed of the pitches than last year? Fastballs feel like they have more zip on them while offspeed pitches have me swinging early. There appears to be a bigger gap in speeds, but I may be wrong.
Isn't there an option in this year's version to adjust overall pitch speeds (i.e. bumping that up would make 80 mph pitches seem faster, meaning 100 mph pitches would seem waaay faster)? Wouldn't that make things easier or harder?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #143
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
I pitched Matsuzaka for eight innings and I think 93 pitches. He was a bit gassed at the end and he could still get his fastball up in the mid-80s. I kind of remember last year that guys really lost the velocity when they were fatigued.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #144
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182
I'm a weak man. I caved and just went out to get it. There are two Gamestops in the mall by my house. I called one of them beforehand and the guy said they had two. When I went into the store (I never know which one I call) the guy sold me the only copy they got for the PS2. So, between the two Gamestops in one big mall just south of Boston they got 3 copies for the PS2.

I remember last year being like this too when it came out. Most people have never even heard of it because 2K doesn't really market it like they do their MLB series.
Yea it's a shame really. This game is one of the best kept secrets in gaming. I feel like this forum is probably the majority of buyers. I never gave this game a second glance when it was released last year because of the graphics. If it were not for OS, I would have missed out on a gem of a game.

Last edited by BengalTiger; 07-29-2008 at 08:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »