Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 07:34 AM   #41
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
while i played this back on NES years and years ago, it was a fun game then but that was also when nintendo was basically the only console around at the time other than atari and maybe the sega genesis. but i have a feeling this will be more of a cartoony type game and not serious or pure sim like the show is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #42
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
while i played this back on NES years and years ago, it was a fun game then but that was also when nintendo was basically the only console around at the time other than atari and maybe the sega genesis. but i have a feeling this will be more of a cartoony type game and not serious or pure sim like the show is.
not the genesis the older one before that, but i think that also came out several years later as well. god its been a while.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #43
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

I think the best case scenario we can hope for is Power Pros-like game that has cartoony graphics, but plays a realistic game of baseball. Since there will be console versions, I'm hopeful that the mobile versions won't be transaction-based, but just one flat fee. If it turns out like this, I'll pickup both the XBL and Android versions.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
cautiously optimistic about this one... If it is a 14 title, that means its this years game. Who has been developing it? I am hoping a sim maybe by Konami? Who makes that really good looking Japanese baseball game? Cause the MLB media can't be the dev... can it?
Konami make Pro Baseball / Yakyuu Spirits and the cutesy but still fantastic Power Pros. I'd be surprised if they're behind this, not sure they have the time.

If this MLB title uses similar cursor batting mechanics and offers a season mode, I'm interested. The Show's gameplay is a little stale after playing Konami's games.

I agree the logo does scream "cartoony" and budget title though. Not necessarily a bad thing. A helluva lot of graphical work would need to have been done to get lifelike players and ballparks for the entire MLB in a title that would appear to be "fresh" to the scene.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #45
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
It would be perfect if they had a PC version that was open to Mods, or better yet, paired with OOTP for the simulation side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #46
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I think the best case scenario we can hope for is Power Pros-like game that has cartoony graphics, but plays a realistic game of baseball. Since there will be console versions, I'm hopeful that the mobile versions won't be transaction-based, but just one flat fee. If it turns out like this, I'll pickup both the XBL and Android versions.
Power Pros is still the best baseball game imo.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #47
Rookie

Finess's Arena

OVR: 1
Watch it be some free to play game with ton of micro-transaction because obviously that model is taking over the gaming scene right now.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #48
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Most likely this will be more of a Arcade style baseball game instead of a true simulation and realistic game like MLB The Show is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »