Home

2009 NBA Draft

This is a discussion on 2009 NBA Draft within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #353
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2009 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
A homeless man's Rudy Gay. Good at alot of things, great at nothing. Will show flashes of brilliance one game then make you want to pull your hair out the next.

I love checking the measurements, I was anxious to see how tall Thabeet actually was. All in all it's a pretty damn short draft class.
Yah I got that gist from other message boards.

People seem to be high on this kid but I never saw anything special in my few Lville games.

So is he a slasher/jump shooter does he have handles? Does he like dunking in traffic? Midrange or deep threat? Rebounder/and playmaking ability.. court vision?

This draft class does seem short I hope they'll be some 7 footers in the future to match up with Dwight.

Class of 09 seems to be the role players draft which isn't a bad thing.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #354
Rookie

OVR: 5

And The Knicks select Stephon curry for they #8 pick
and they release Nate, jump up in joy
Old 06-01-2009, 01:25 AM   #355
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I have seen several mocks that have the Bulls taking Hansbrough ( Bulls fan myself ) at 26. I would rather have him on the floor instead of Noah.. I dont see how he is a starter.
Not me. Noah actually was doing well at the end of the year. He's just not much of an offensive option, but its questionable whether Hansbrough can play offense or defense down low. Noah is taller, plays with energy, and can move his feet...all good traits for a center.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #356
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Yah I got that gist from other message boards.

People seem to be high on this kid but I never saw anything special in my few Lville games.

So is he a slasher/jump shooter does he have handles? Does he like dunking in traffic? Midrange or deep threat? Rebounder/and playmaking ability.. court vision?
Personally I'm not high on Clark, I saw plenty of his games at UL and he has a lot of physical gifts but he really isn't a "basketball player" to me. Personally I think he's pretty soft, both mentally and physically. Just seemed to drift and disappear way too often in college.

DX lists ball handling, passing and court vision as his strengths but I don't agree, and it's funny that DX also lists "turnover prone" as a weakness. Though his game should fit better in the NBA than in college, similar to Gay.

I think the 18-22 range is a good area for him to go, a few months ago when mocks had him in the lottery I was shaking my head.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #357
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Personally I'm not high on Clark, I saw plenty of his games at UL and he has a lot of physical gifts but he really isn't a "basketball player" to me. Personally I think he's pretty soft, both mentally and physically. Just seemed to drift and disappear way too often in college.

DX lists ball handling, passing and court vision as his strengths but I don't agree, and it's funny that DX also lists "turnover prone" as a weakness. Though his game should fit better in the NBA than in college, similar to Gay.

I think the 18-22 range is a good area for him to go, a few months ago when mocks had him in the lottery I was shaking my head.
Like you said before, he does a lot of things well but nothing exceptional. He has pretty good ball handling skills for his size but he doesn't have that sense of urgency to his game. Everyone knows it was T-Will that made L'ville go but NBA scouts are much higher on Clark for some reason. He's not the athlete that Gay is and right now he's too weak to finish in traffic consistently in the Pros.

He reminds me a better Shawne Williams from Memphis.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:47 AM   #358
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't really have an NBA team at the moment, but I'm leaning towards OKC, so I'll be following their draft closely. I'm hoping they skip Thabeet and take Jordan Hill at 3.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #359
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

HUUUUUUUGE Reach if Jordan Hill goes 3, which I doubt the Thunder will draft him.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #360
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
HUUUUUUUGE Reach if Jordan Hill goes 3, which I doubt the Thunder will draft him.
In any other draft yes but I think OKC has to take a chance on Thabeet. Even if he is just a poor man's Mutombo having that kind of presence down low on defense would help out a bad team

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »