Home

Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #89
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
^^^
The basis for that opinion is shakey and the opinion itself isn't grounded in any kind of maturity, sound logic or tangible evidence.
How isnt it logical??..how is it immature?? And evidence??????????....

Number 1... I cant see for the life of me, MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird...ever joining forces with each other to try to win...especially when the person your joining has already reach the highest plateau before...even when yall do win it all together..its not goin to be the dynamic euphoria of winning together for the first time to get yall first rings!!...to me that means something...

like it was awkward watchin them celebrate...it was like Dwade had that been there done, done that expression...it took away some of the general excitement i had for LBJ winning...But thats me..doesnt have to be for you..but thats me..

Like MJ said, he was trying to beat those guys...so he could be considered the best, not because we think so, because he went out there and proved it by beating every last one of them on the court...not joining up with them, cuz you cant get past a certain team or whatever...that speaks volumes to me...thats how i came up learning, playing and watching basketball...

I dnt think i could ever join up with my friends cause i cant get over the hump..my ego wouldnt allow it..im not trying to join you...im trying to BEAT you, damnit! Lol...so when i see you in the summer or wherever..braggin rights will be mine, no one can question how great i am, no one can take that away from me...there will be no loopholes...

Like, My friend is a duke fan...im a UNC fan...it wouldnt be half as fun as it is now if we was both duke or unc fans...how we gon talk junk??, how we gon have braggin rights??..how am i gonna see the beautiful pain and anguish on your face when your team loses and my team has reached the pinnacle of our sport??...

Like i said, it think it was a coward move...its my opinion..im not the only one who feels like that..There are fans and nba players/legends feel like this also...its my opinion..i dont care what you call it...maybe i am being illogical or immature..but its that exact nature that cause me to win a championship on every level of basketball/football i played in...as the "guy" ...i believe its the same with guys like Mike or Kobe...without that, they wouldnt have been nearly as great...i learned it from them..i observe and implemented this into my own game, and it worked! Not only for me but for my team as well..cause i wasnt goin to give up on the them, i wasnt gonna take my "talents" elsewhere or join forces with someone just as good and also has what im seeking...NO, im fight for those who believed in me since day one...and damnit..ima get us to the promise land..even if takes every last bit of energy left in my body...maybe im too loyal, too stubborn but it is what it is..like i said..i learned this from watching MJ specifically but also Kobe and a few others...

╮( ╯_╰ )╭

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bigmac612; 06-23-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #90
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30
keep winning! dont understand why all the hate for a guy who excells in his sport! cant put him in the MJ Kobe range yet till he is a part of a few more titles,and I think he will. its a team sport and surround him with the right cast he will win several more! and hope he gets rid of those glasses at his post game presser...terrible...lmao!...go Lebron!...team sport remember theres 5 guys on floor at one time!....hes the barry bonds of basketball,minus the roids!... LOVE TO HATE HIM!....
Old 06-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

If you don't like great players teaming up, eliminate free agency. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie98
His hairline might grow back now
I laughed so darn hard at this. OMG! Too funny!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Lol, actually this season was more strenuous than normal because all the games were so compressed. Teams playing multiple back-to-back-to-backs and going on runs like playing 6 games in 8 nights or some other outrageous schedule like that. That seems more taxing than a normal season.
But It really means a lot of the teams were out of shape, not in sync, or honestly did not care as much. Of course the caring is subjective. But I think good many players just "went thru the motions".

Didn't the Super Bulls win more games that super season then all the games the Heat EVEN played? Not sure on numbers but I'm willing to bet they did.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #94
Rookie

Honestly though, I hope the guy NEVER EVER EVER EVER wins another title.

My big thing with him is the fact he NEVER played EVEN one game in the NBA and look at the jersey number he picked. That is just ego driven mania. He proved nothing before playing EVEN a game.

That is like someone going into the NHL and someone says "Hey kid, what jersey number you want? Know you never played an NHL game yet, so what do you want?" "Ummmm, give me either 66 or 99. Yea, give me one of those. Cause I'm an ego maniac that has proven nothing. But I want 66 or 99. Yep!"
Old 06-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #95
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
I love how everyone calls it the "easy route". He put Cleveland back on the map, for a few years and they never got him any legitimate help.. just a few role players.

I don't blame him for what he did. If anyone says they would have stuck it out in Cleveland, instead of going to Miami to play with D Wade and Bosh, then they are lying.

I wish people would quit bitching about "the decision". Lebron isn't "that guy" anymore. He's a team player and a great leader. They earned this championship..

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I was happy to see him get his..

Also, I'm all for people believing and feeling what they want, but a jersey number is a stupid reason not to like a guy..

Sent from my Desire HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #96
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

I don't mind people hating Lebron. It's their right especially Cavs fans. But one thing that annoys me more than anything is that they always go to the MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe wouldn't do that.

First Magic join a team that had 2 HOF's on it already. Heck from 1982-1985 they had 4 other HOF's on the team..... (and I'm talking about prime players not just guys that tagged along)

Bird join a team with 3 other HOF and had 4 other's on the team from 85-88.

MJ is the one were you could say he started off a lone which he did. Scottie came in and they are the only 2 HOF (aside from George Gervin but that was his last year and wasn't the same as he was before) until 1995 when rodman join up to make it 3. 96 year they had 4 but come on Robert Parish was done lol.

Kobe, well you can't know how many he played with for a few years now, but shaq is one for sure. Malone is a HOF, and I really believe if he wasn't injured in the finals they would have beaten the Pistons, or made it a lot closer. Shaq had to get all the rebounds and lets face it, Shaq doesn't rebound well. Malone wasn't the same Malone but he would have made a huge difference on the boards.
Is Pau HOF, or Fisher, or Horry? Idk but they are far better than anything Cavs had. Not to mention what someone else said, if Lakers didn't pay the league, I mean get that trade from Memphis for Pau, Kobe would still be crying about leaving, since he left in that game 7 against my suns when he took 1 shot in the second half. Yea no one ever brings that up though...

I just wish people would actually think when they make that statement. Lebron took a Cavs team with no HOF, and heck hardly any all stars to the finals. Matter of fact he had 1 all star with him back than, big Z before mo williams became an all star in 09. Don't even get me started on how many of those other players had All stars up the you know what.

So yes I get why he left and I understand it. Especially now.

Now back to the topic. I think he will win at least 1-2 more ships along with finals MVP's and probably 1-2 more league MVP's. If he keeps working, which I believe he will, he is going to just to a point were he will be getting triple teamed. But I believe if OKC can keep their team together, they have a chance to win 2-4 championships. I really do because Durant is going to get much better than he already is now.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »