Home

Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Sound Off: Lebron's a NBA Champion...now what?

Good for Lebron. He literally got the world off his back. I simply can't put myself in his shoes and imagine how much pressure he has been dealing with over the past few years; one thing is to be a spectator like us fans, but to live it first hand like players and coaches is a whole different story.

A large number of people simply wanted to see him fail and got enjoyment out of it (much like with MJ and Kobe at one point in their careers), and I bet that for him to win a championship is more of a personal accomplishment rather than a professional/social one. He learned from his mistakes in the past and capitalized on them.

Congrats to him and to the Miami Heat.

Last edited by aloncho11; 06-22-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You know I love you man. Why don't we have this converastion in the LeBron thread? I know you a writer here. I think it's better to keep everything together.

edit: I expect him to win one more ring/mvp... Anything else would be a shocking for me
This is a feature piece for the front page. It links to the forums from there. Its not just a random forum post.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 8
Congrats to the King! I predict the Heat will be right back in the championship equation next season.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Even though I was rooting for the Thunder, I'm glad the Heat won the NBA Title so now next year, we don't have to hear constant talk about whether the Big 3 can win a ring or not.

I do expect James to get another 1-2 titles before his career is done. He really elevated his game in the playoffs and perhaps the biggers story is how the role players (Battier, Miller, Chalmers) stepped up. If you get those type of contributions from secondary players, on top of what LeBron brings to the table, it's easy to see Miami being in the mix for a long time.

It won't be a failure if the Heat don't win the title next year, though. By winning yesterday, all that kind of talk is squashed for a few years.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Lebron James winning a ring will not stop people from rooting for him to fail. It has become the most entertaining part of the NBA for most people to root against the Heat. Lebron winning a ring will start to fuel the "greatest basketball player of all time" debates. At this point I would have to say it's still Jordan because of longevity and rings although Lebron certainly has the potential to overcome him. If you look at the competition the Heat will have next year in the East this team will be playing in the finals for a while. On another note if the Heat don't have Shane Battier they would have never won this series.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #30
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
What has LeBron done to anybody for them to hate him? Hate is such a strong word. Are people mad because he beat your team? Please tell me people aren't still mad about the "Decision".
Old 06-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #31
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Now what?

We're going to Disney World!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #32
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Same thing any other superstar or player after winning, come back next season and try to do it all again

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »