Home

1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

This is a discussion on 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #297
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
In the playoffs, minutes go out the door.. I'm surprised that even has to be said.

LeBron played 47 minutes one game this year against Orlando... I'm sure you can find a game or two in a season where another superstar played that many in their primes..
Didn't that Orlando game go to OT also?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #298
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Are we really talking bout Bron's minutes. This dude is the most freakish athlete in the NBA.

We're not talking about a 200 lbs PG, or a 225 lbs Forward.

We're talking about Lebron James. I've watched basketball for the last 30 years & I've never seen an athlete play in the NBA of Lebron's stature & physical abilities.

BTW how many times has Bron been injured in his career

In not the biggest Bron fan, but this cat does stuff on the court that people his size & the weight just ain't supposed to do in the NBA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
He ain't no superman though. Reality will catch him up soon if he doesn't get any rest.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #299
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Its one of the worst, and most fickle fans bases out there.

A good number and raider/usc fans LOL

To go along with that, most of the guys who supports their teams through thick times seem to handle losing and still supporting their teams much better than people here who blame everybody for everything except Kobe, not matter what happens.

Especially for a team that hardly ever has to build through the draft, its crazy to see the throwing under the bus of guys if they aren't doing what you want how you want when you want... Kinda reminds me of Kobe..

Wait, alot of those are KOF anyway.
Hmm... If people want to blame Kobe for what's going on with the Lakers that's fine and dandy. I'm not sure who's fault it is, I just know the Lakers aren't playing defense, and I've come to realize that as long as Jim Buss is running this organization, the Lakers are in trouble. BUT, watching this team playing every night and trying to figure out Antoni's system and structure, even the Lakers at their best, IMO, wouldn't warrant an NBA Finals appearance, they're just not skilled enough to beat the top teams 4x.

Now I'm probably the only Laker fan who wants this team to struggle, and the only reason I say that is because the Lakers need to change this "win now" philosophy and start "farming" and "progressing" their own players. If the Spurs can't find late draft picks who can contribute I don't see why the Lakers can't.

Last year we included our first round pick in the deal for Ramon Sessions (a 2nd round pick) which IMO was a giveaway. If Lakers would've still had that pick, the Lakers could've drafted Perry Jones III, (a player I think the Lakers could've used) This year, even with all these Lakers struggles, say they miss the playoffs and end up with a lottery pick... They don't even have that pick because they also traded that away. So basically, Lakers can quite possibly be in the same boat next season with no good rookie, Kobe declining and a bunch of has-been's, were-nots, ain't-gonna-be's, (outside of Jordan Hill) haha.

I personally would never jump ship to cheer for the Clippers. I dislike the Clippers, I never liked them, I never paid attention to them when they were trash forever, I don't care for them. Majority of the Clipper fans were/are Laker fans, I'm here in Los Angeles, I can tell you this is most definitely true. LA fans are some of the worst as 23 said, LA fans are very unknowledgeable about the game, which makes it hard for me to live in this city because I can't talk sports with people cause of their ignorance, which is why I now come onto this site haha.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #300
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
When is John Wall due back?.... Dude's been out forever smh...
Just got a update on my phone that he's due to debut Saturday. I hate Kentucky but I love some of the players they have produced. JW included.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #301
MVP

d11king's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
That's not what I'm saying.

A few posters here on OS actually think Laker fans will start being Clipper fans. That's the furthest from the truth. Laker fans are the most prideful breed there is. There's a three things they would never do, root for LeBron, the Celtics or the Clippers.
I root for LeBron... Hell, Paul Pierce is one of my favorite players. Majority of Lakers fans, especially the newer generation don't know why we hate the Celtics. It's just all over ESPN, nobody appreciated history anymore. You're talking about a fan base who now proclaim the Clippers a rivalry -____-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #302
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Are we really talking bout Bron's minutes. This dude is the most freakish athlete in the NBA.

We're not talking about a 200 lbs PG, or a 225 lbs Forward.

We're talking about Lebron James. I've watched basketball for the last 30 years & I've never seen an athlete play in the NBA of Lebron's stature & physical abilities.

BTW how many times has Bron been injured in his career

In not the biggest Bron fan, but this cat does stuff on the court that people his size & the weight just ain't supposed to do in the NBA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Honestly I get what you're saying but it's only a matter of time before he gets bit by the injury bug. Just being honest. Idc if you're freaking Zeus. The amount of minutes on the court you put on you're body and what he does night in and night out on a daily basis along with the minutes he's bound for a injury.

If he doesn't get hurt he's one lucky SOB.

Last edited by iRepIndiana; 01-09-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #303
MVP

d11king's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
Just got a update on my phone that he's due to debut Saturday. I hate Kentucky but I love some of the players they have produced. JW included.
I wish majority of their players stayed like 3 years haha. Gosh I hate that school simply because of that one and done system they got. After Jodie Meeks left, all of the players that were "NBA ready", can't really find one who's "done anything"

Wall is cool,
Cousins is 15,
Knight, can't speak on him since I haven't watched Pistons basketball,
Bledsoe I actually like,
Patterson is decent,
MGK I hope will be niceeeeee,

Just change the rule already!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #304
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
I root for LeBron... Hell, Paul Pierce is one of my favorite players. Majority of Lakers fans, especially the newer generation don't know why we hate the Celtics. It's just all over ESPN, nobody appreciated history anymore. You're talking about a fan base who now proclaim the Clippers a rivalry -____-
You're in the minority, just my opinion.

But you're right about the newer generation. With years the old rivalries tend to go away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »