Home

1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

This is a discussion on 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #321
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 1/7 - 1/13 Games Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king

People forget Pau Gasol was once a #1 scoring option, and when he got here the headlines were, can he be a #2 option. In his time as the #2 option, the Lakers went to 3 championships. Andrew Bynum was the #2 option last season, Dwight Howard is the #2 option this season.. Do you notice a pattern? This is something, Laker fans, just don't get because they don't pay attention.
add to the fact that he was balling once again in the olympics, where he was featured as a top 2 option. he is older yes, but gasol should be the featured big offensively.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #322
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
more excuse.

you do know the clippers are not really all that young of a team, its still to be determined if they just have a window of oppertunity or if they can translate this into sustained success. if they become less exciting again will you say they are unwatchable too.

im just messing with you, but you do deserve alil ribbing for switching sides.
No offense taken man

I know without Paul, they're nothing. I am a huge fan of Paul, and I like the way Griffin goes about his work, not so much "the Clippers". I still like the Lakers and it would be drastic to "switch sides". I still watch [painfully] every game, but I have watched almost every Clipper game as well since last year.

As I said before, I enjoy the game. I watch the entire league [League Pass] so I'm not so much a devoted fan of any team, just the game itself.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #323
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
Honestly I get what you're saying but it's only a matter of time before he gets bit by the injury bug. Just being honest. Idc if you're freaking Zeus. The amount of minutes on the court you put on you're body and what he does night in and night out on a daily basis along with the minutes he's bound for a injury.

If he doesn't get hurt he's one lucky SOB.
Again the man's been in the NBA 10 years playing about the same minutes he's playing now & hasn't been hurt.

I doubt the man doesn't know his limitations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #324
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

The Clippers also have a unique situation coming up. They were able to afford all of these players because they are still living on Blake's rookie contract (3 mill this season), his extension kicks in next season which is around 16-17 mil right? Add Jordan's 10 mil to that, and CP3 is he stays, he's going to be at around 19-20 mil, that's about 47 mil between 3 players. Salary cap is 58 right?? And with the new CBA isn't luxury tax with much harsher penalties? The team could basically only have 11 mil for 8 players without diving into the luxury tax, that's Miami Heat/LA Lakers scramble for 8 old guys who wanna play for a title.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #325
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Didn't that Orlando game go to OT also?
It did go into overtime
http://www.nba.com/games/20121231/MIAORL/gameinfo.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #326
MVP

OVR: 25

I see Pacers fans getting emotional and wound up again. There is nothing going on in that interview with LeBron. As usual you are reading too much into it, trying too hard to find something.

First of all, it's the Pacers who started talking trash last year and then got beat in a series. Talking won't do much, you just have to be better than the other team. They weren't and aren't until they prove otherwise. The best they can do right now is shut up.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #327
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Quote:
I wish Danny Granger would make a comment. Hell I wish D West would drag his *** in a alley and whoop it. Can't stand that cry baby.
Danny Granger should definitely not make a comment. By my count, he's 0-3 when popping off at the mouth, lol. He should just get healthy, come back and ball, and hope Paul George hasn't made him trade bait.

If you read the article, like ex. said, James didn't even say anything really...I don't even believe the word cocky came out of his mouth...just one of those "read this article!" headlines...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #328
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Alok Pattani ‏@AlokPattaniESPN
With final missed FGA Tuesday, @kobebryant passed John Havlicek for most missed FGA in NBA history, combining regular + postseason (15,296).
lol not surprised

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »