Home

What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall?

This is a discussion on What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2024, 08:17 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Should the Bears Do With the 1st Overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I'm not even sure if there's a landing spot anymore for Fields. Atlanta is out. Pitt is out. Maybe NYG? 5th rounder?
At this point might as well just keep him. Odds are Caleb misses games at some point behind their sorry *** O-line
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2024, 08:47 AM   #66
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
At this point might as well just keep him. Odds are Caleb misses games at some point behind their sorry *** O-line
Who peed in your cornflakes today?

Come on, we have such a rich history of QB success. Have faith! lol
Old 03-12-2024, 09:59 AM   #67
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, it seems Fields may be more valuable to Chicago than whatever compensation they can get for him. That said, it also has to do with making sure the rookie QB they draft is not looking over his shoulder. I’d let that ride though. QB’s get hurt and having a good backup is crucial. Fields may not be a long term QB in this league but he’s still young and exciting with enough potential to be excited if he got thrust back in to starting for a few games. Get that stock back up in time for next offseason.

Not sure on the contract details, but it just seems Chicago would be best hanging on to Fields. We’ll see how the draft goes though. And injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-12-2024, 12:07 PM   #68
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Yeah, it seems Fields may be more valuable to Chicago than whatever compensation they can get for him. That said, it also has to do with making sure the rookie QB they draft is not looking over his shoulder. I’d let that ride though. QB’s get hurt and having a good backup is crucial. Fields may not be a long term QB in this league but he’s still young and exciting with enough potential to be excited if he got thrust back in to starting for a few games. Get that stock back up in time for next offseason.

Not sure on the contract details, but it just seems Chicago would be best hanging on to Fields. We’ll see how the draft goes though. And injuries.

I think having both of them on the roster does more to hurt both than help. I get it, there were a lot of things thrown at Fields that worked to his detriment (play calling, o-line, etc…) but he proved he couldn’t overcome them so why not move on and just get a guy who might be able to overcome those things.

I think the Bears have to just live with a late round pick for their return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2024, 08:54 PM   #69
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think having both of them on the roster does more to hurt both than help. I get it, there were a lot of things thrown at Fields that worked to his detriment (play calling, o-line, etc…) but he proved he couldn’t overcome them so why not move on and just get a guy who might be able to overcome those things.

I think the Bears have to just live with a late round pick for their return.

I can agree with that. I'm not sure exactly why the Bears waited for free agency to start since this was always a possibility unless they seriously aren't sure about what to do. No way i want both on the team, especially in a locker room that so strongly backed Fields. I just see way too much confusion there. If you are drafting Wiliams, trade Fields at draft day I guess and hope there still is a veteran QB out there looking for a backup role. I'd even be open to a Flacco. A good veteran presence.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:46 PM   #70
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Trade the first pick for a haul...

Bears are not a QB away from anything.

This still feels like the right thing.
Old 03-13-2024, 04:09 PM   #71
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I can agree with that. I'm not sure exactly why the Bears waited for free agency to start since this was always a possibility unless they seriously aren't sure about what to do. No way i want both on the team, especially in a locker room that so strongly backed Fields. I just see way too much confusion there. If you are drafting Wiliams, trade Fields at draft day I guess and hope there still is a veteran QB out there looking for a backup role. I'd even be open to a Flacco. A good veteran presence.

Yeah I heard Rappaport say today that the Bears want to wait until after Caleb’s pro day to make a decision.

That blows my mind UNLESS there’s concerns about this medical which I haven’t seen any injury concerns circulating. By waiting until after free agency starts the Bears are basically killing Fields’ trade value. Just off the top of my head and without knowing how serious any of those teams are you have to cross off Pittsburgh, Atlanta, maybe Minnesota with Darnold (assuming they draft a QB), Tampa w/ Baker resigning, etc…

I just can’t imagine any teams would wait until after Free Agency started and then the draft comes around to make a decision on your most important position.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2024, 07:55 PM   #72
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Backup known.

Brett Rypien. Bleh. Really wanted a real experienced guy that's led a team.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-s...201912019.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »