Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-30-2024, 08:36 PM   #137
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Lol ain’t no way in hell I believe Owners balked at that number.
Man's said "My price is my price" lol
Old 01-30-2024, 09:48 PM   #138
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Lol ain’t no way in hell I believe Owners balked at that number.
Yeah they would have paid. Washington was still planning to meet with him. He called it off

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 01-31-2024, 02:02 AM   #139
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I have a theory that Ben Johnson's asking price was that high because he doesn't actually want to leave his situation. He stayed last year, saying he wasn't ready to be a HC and there was business to be finished in Detroit. It's entirely possible he's just comfortable with what he has, and decided to put that crazy number out there knowing no one would pay it

He has a coach that trusts his playcalling so much that he'll go for on 4th over and over, and the blame never falls on Ben. The pairing of Dan and Ben is perfect, there's nothing wrong with staying with what's comfortable

I do wonder what his uptick in salary will be to stay
Old 01-31-2024, 01:25 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Seattle hiring MacDonald from Baltimore as Head Coach
Old 01-31-2024, 01:39 PM   #141
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Seattle hiring MacDonald from Baltimore as Head Coach
I like the hire. Seattle already has some pieces on the defense to take a leap on defense. I can see Baltimore promoting DB coach Dennard Wilson to DC. He's someone that Eagles should've promoted to DC last year.

That just leaves Washington. I wonder where they pivot because I was leaning towards Washington for MacDonald.i don't think there's a hotshot young OC in the market

Last edited by illwill10; 01-31-2024 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2024, 02:03 PM   #142
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

They don’t necessarily need to get a young OC. They just need to get someone who they feel can be the best coach for THEM regardless if they’re an OC/DC/ST/D-Line Coach. Last thing they need to do is go after the “WOW Factor” or to try to win on SM lol.

Hopefully GB can hurry up and poach either Wilson or Orr for their DC spot before those 2 get offered DC spots with their current team or with McDonald.
Old 01-31-2024, 02:17 PM   #143
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
They don’t necessarily need to get a young OC. They just need to get someone who they feel can be the best coach for THEM regardless if they’re an OC/DC/ST/D-Line Coach. Last thing they need to do is go after the “WOW Factor” or to try to win on SM lol.

Hopefully GB can hurry up and poach either Wilson or Orr for their DC spot before those 2 get offered DC spots with their current team or with McDonald.
I agree that they don't need a "Splash" hire. I was just speaking on the common theme of new ownership wanting to hire the "hot" name and the thought of wanting to pair a offensive coach with the #2 pick. At this point, there really isn't a "hot" name out there. It feels like Vrabel's buzz died down, I think they interviewed Aaron Glenn yesterday. With Texas OC staying put, only offensive guy they interviewed was Eric B. Washington feels like they could do anything at this point because there isn't a linked name to them

I definitely think Wilson can be a good DC. I felt like the DB play for the Eagles took a step back this year after he left. It was a situation where I don't blame Wilson for leaving. He wanted to get promoted to DC and they went with a outside hire in Desai(who only had 1 year as a DC a couple years prior to hire) because they wanted to run the Fangio defense .
Old 01-31-2024, 03:35 PM   #144
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I agree that they don't need a "Splash" hire. I was just speaking on the common theme of new ownership wanting to hire the "hot" name and the thought of wanting to pair a offensive coach with the #2 pick. At this point, there really isn't a "hot" name out there. It feels like Vrabel's buzz died down, I think they interviewed Aaron Glenn yesterday. With Texas OC staying put, only offensive guy they interviewed was Eric B. Washington feels like they could do anything at this point because there isn't a linked name to them.
Old Ownership would’ve thrown everything but the drawers at Belichick to be their HC lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »