Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-01-2024, 12:57 PM   #161
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
After that playoff loss, I feel like most Cowboy Fans aren’t even losing sleep over losing him, even to a Division Rival.
Those are most fans though after a loss like that in the playoffs. The same Eagles fans that were okay with Sirrani's antics on the sideline and Hurts stoic pressers and cliche filled answers, were the same ones who couldn't stand either at the end of this season lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2024, 01:30 PM   #162
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Ravens name Zach Orr as their new DC.

I think most of these coordinator jobs just need to be filled. Seattle(all 3 I think), Washington, Miami(DC), Chargers(OC), NE(all 3 I think), Bengals(maybe OC), Tenn(maybe OC), Rams(DC), Carolina(maybe OC), TB(OC), Giants (DC maybe), Dallas (DC), LV(not sure if he'll replace the coordinators), maybe a few more
Old 02-01-2024, 04:23 PM   #163
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
After that playoff loss, I feel like most Cowboy Fans aren’t even losing sleep over losing him, even to a Division Rival.

I mean... I have concerns.

That one Packers disaster notwithstanding, Dan Quinn’s defenses in Dallas have finished the past three seasons 7th, 5th, and 5th in points allowed. Along the way, Quinn readily demonstrated his adaptability as he moved away from being purely a Pete Carroll Cover 3 disciple (which is what he was in Atlanta) to running a far more dynamic defense. The Cowboys also sent five total players to defensive All Pro teams over Quinn’s three seasons running the defense (Parsons 3x, Diggs, Bland).

Quinn certainly has questions to answer about why his recent defenses so frequently got bombed by talented teams which major in the Shanahan wide zone rushing offense. I’m not convinced that that isn’t a personnel issue with the Cowboys’ roster, though, especially at DT and LB.

I am curious which Cowboys assistants DQ is going to take with him. Last I heard, assistants Joe Whitt and Al Harris are both in the running to be his defensive coordinator.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:01 PM   #164
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I mean... I have concerns.

That one Packers disaster notwithstanding, Dan Quinn’s defenses in Dallas have finished the past three seasons 7th, 5th, and 5th in points allowed. Along the way, Quinn readily demonstrated his adaptability as he moved away from being purely a Pete Carroll Cover 3 disciple (which is what he was in Atlanta) to running a far more dynamic defense. The Cowboys also sent five total players to defensive All Pro teams over Quinn’s three seasons running the defense (Parsons 3x, Diggs, Bland).

Quinn certainly has questions to answer about why his recent defenses so frequently got bombed by talented teams which major in the Shanahan wide zone rushing offense. I’m not convinced that that isn’t a personnel issue with the Cowboys’ roster, though, especially at DT and LB.

I am curious which Cowboys assistants DQ is going to take with him. Last I heard, assistants Joe Whitt and Al Harris are both in the running to be his defensive coordinator.
Did Quinn call plays when he was in ATL?.

If you're someone like Whitt or Harris, I think it'll depend whether you get a chance to call plays in Washington. If Quinn doesn't call plays, then yes I could see one of them going along. If Quinn does call plays, then staying at Dallas might be the better choice. Dallas is set up to be a good defense if one of them is promoted. The expectations are just super higher in Dallas
Old 02-01-2024, 05:27 PM   #165
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I want to Stefanski called plays. This'll be Van Pelt's chance to run his own system and call plays

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2024, 05:37 PM   #166
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Al Harris is a Corner back Savant. His loss will be felt the most.
Harris said he will follow DQ where ever he goes.

DQ will be successful. They have DT's and a lot of good football
players. Commanders players fit his system.

In Dallas he took one of theworst teams football and in one year
made them formidable.

I think the Defensive turn around will be fast. Its the offense
they need to address, mostly the Offensive line. Sam Howell
took a beating last year.

They have a lot of picks. Bad news for Dallas
Old 02-01-2024, 06:11 PM   #167
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
Al Harris is a Corner back Savant. His loss will be felt the most.
Harris said he will follow DQ where ever he goes.

DQ will be successful. They have DT's and a lot of good football
players. Commanders players fit his system.

In Dallas he took one of theworst teams football and in one year
made them formidable.

I think the Defensive turn around will be fast. Its the offense
they need to address, mostly the Offensive line. Sam Howell
took a beating last year.

They have a lot of picks. Bad news for Dallas
I do see the impact Harris can have in DC. Fuller has always been a solid SCB. Kurl is a good under the radar Safety. If Harris can make Forbes and St. Juste a solid CB pair, that defense can have a quick turnaround. I could see Quinn taking both guys.

I think Howell is a solid starting QB. Hell, he looked like an All Pro against the Eagles lol. But, having the #2 pick in a good QB class, it's hard to pass on a QB when the following class is a drop off. I would take a QB. Howell is good enough where you can actually have the #2 pick sit all year and still be competitive with Howell, then in year 2, hand the reigns over .

I wonder what happens with Eric Bieniemy. As far as I know he only interviewed for the Washington HC job. I would think Quinn would want his own guy at OC. I could see him taking one of the remaining OC jobs like Tampa Bay
Old 02-01-2024, 06:28 PM   #168
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Rams promoting Chris Shula to DC.

I'd expect most of these coordinator positions to filled by the end of the weekend

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »