Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-01-2024, 06:51 AM   #153
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

It looks like Titans will hire Ravens DB coach Dennard Wilson to be their new DC. I think that's a good hire. The Eagles DB play fell off after he left. This'll be his first time calling plays
Old 02-01-2024, 09:53 AM   #154
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Didn’t even think about this, which is a good point and I’m sure can be said for some openings in general:

https://x.com/burgundyblog/status/17...qEId3d4KHhv-qw
Old 02-01-2024, 10:21 AM   #155
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
2024 Offseason Thread

Surprised Washington opening hasn’t gotten more buzz. You’ve got a #2 overall pick in a draft with a few good QB prospects to choose from. They dismantled their DL so they didn’t have to pay those guys (besides the guys they already did), but there’s some talent on the roster but not so much you are beholden to almost anyone. No more Snyder over your shoulder though might be some lingering questions to be answered. I don’t know if they have any bad long term contracts on the books besides the two DL.

Seems like all the same reasons a GM would be attracted to the job is why I would be good with it as a coach. I think in a year or two they could be right back in playoff contention if they nail the next year or so of personnel decisions. It’s a pretty fresh start in Washington but it will take some time to build up and for the fans to trust the new direction after years of being treated like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2024, 10:49 AM   #156
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I can get that perspective about the Washington job. Wash is a rebuilding job, that should've hit the reset button a couple years. For Ben Johnson, unless the Lions have a hangover year, his stock isn't going to drop in a year. For MacDonald, Seattle is more set up to have more immediate success compared to DC. But, its not like it's a bad job. The Snyder situation is over. The new owner Josh Harris has shown with the Sixers that he is willing to spend money on resources(even though they avoided the tax last couple years lol). I think they have stadium plans for the end of decade. They have the #2 pick in a good year to need a QB, because next year's draft(on paper) QB class is a big drop off compared to this year. The roster cupboard isn't completely empty. They have a solid WR corps and Logan Thomas is a solid TE. Payne and Allen are still a good DT duo(even though Allen wasn't happy most of year) and some talent sprinkled around the roster. But yeah, its a rebuild. They need a QB, focus mainly on OL, could use a RB, have to replace Chase Young and Sweat, a CB.

This is a job that likely needs 2-3 years before you see a leap into playoff contender. The "hotshot" candidates are gone or off the market. Washington just needs to find the "right" coach and give him time to develop. Not just a lame duck year. I think for some candidates like Vrabel, Belichick, Dan Quinn, etc. its better to just wait until next year because there could be some good jobs opening up. I could see the Bills, Eagles, Cowboys, Browns, Giants(maybe), Chicago, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay as possible openings. Obviously not all those teams, But I could see a scenario where if the wheels fall off or some of those teams don't meet expectation, I could see the HC getting fired. For Washington, if you exclude the established names left, I can see it being a surprising name. Its easy to say "There's only 32 HC jobs, and you don't want to pass up an opportunity", but the grass isn't always greener. For guys like Dann Quinn and Ben Johnson, why leave a good situation where you're expected to have a good year for a job that you might not feel is right for you. So, I could see them hiring a young coordinator to be the next HC.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:08 AM   #157
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I thought he would stay in Dallas another year. In a way, I'm not shocked. I think he wanted the Seattle job and think he really wanted to get back to being a HC again. I could see the logic behind him taking a job now compared to waiting.

All the jobs are filled.

Last edited by illwill10; 02-01-2024 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:41 AM   #158
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

That sucks to lose a coordinator so late in the hiring cycle
Old 02-01-2024, 11:47 AM   #159
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That sucks to lose a coordinator so late in the hiring cycle
At this point, you either have to promote within or almost change your defense with a new guy. I'd assume he'd want to take a couple of his top assistants with him. But, they have enough defensive pieces to be a good defense.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:14 PM   #160
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

After that playoff loss, I feel like most Cowboy Fans aren’t even losing sleep over losing him, even to a Division Rival.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »