Home

Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #9521
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NFL Off Topic

I don't even think it was a smoke screen to NFL teams. I think there's too much pressure being the first for him to ignore it. If he does, he "turns his back" on the LGBT community, if he highlights it now he's asking for the spotlight, positive or negative.

No matter how Sam plays this, he's damned from one group or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #9522
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I know To had a reality show as did Chad (I think). Take from that what you will.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
They had one together I believe when T.O. signed with the Bengals.. or T.O. joined Johnson's.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #9523
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Regarding Sam's show: To call it a reality show would probably be stretching the term a bit. It sounds to me like it'll be a very serious documentary style production. I haven't seen the Lindsay Lohan docuseries they did on that network but from what I've heard it was a pretty serious and not too flashy thing. I think that's the angle they're going to go with here. It's only natural to want to see and follow the journey of the first openly gay football player in NFL history. Knowing that the Rams and the NFL aren't going to be involved (at least not yet, I think it'd be a golden opportunity here) than it should be treated as something more serious and akin to a documentary or news piece.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 05-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #9524
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

If the cameras were going to be in team facilities, I'd say it's more of an unwise choice, and it still may be in terms of his football career, but that doesn't seem to be the case just yet.

Idk how bad it could really be, but I don't doubt a lot of his teammates are already getting pissed off, among many other players around the league.

And I'm not a fan of most reality tv, but this doesn't seem like it's gonna be some Kardashian bull****.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #9525
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish

Idk how bad it could really be, but I don't doubt a lot of his teammates are already getting pissed off, among many other players around the league.
It's not like they can say anything, unless they want to suffer the same fate Miami Dolphins' Don Jones did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #9526
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
It's not like they can say anything, unless they want to suffer the same fate Miami Dolphins' Don Jones did.
I wasn't sure what you were talking about so I looked it up and all I have to say is, if Don Jones is going to go out and tweet such despicable things as 'OMG' and 'horrible', well, he deserves everything he gets.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:32 PM   #9527

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
I wasn't sure what you were talking about so I looked it up and all I have to say is, if Don Jones is going to go out and tweet such despicable things as 'OMG' and 'horrible', well, he deserves everything he gets.

If Roddy White hasn't been suspended because of Twitter, tweeting "omg" and "horrible" - WITHOUT context behind them, mind you, even if everyone knew what he was talking about - is an absolute joke.

Now, the Dolphins have every right to suspend an employer for whatever they see fit... but it was just public grandstanding at it's finest. Let's not act like the Dolphins don't have their own issues they're trying to get away from, and this is just one way to "show they are in control."

Not to mention these gems from Roddy. But Michael Sam wasn't a thing then, so the league gave zero ****s.

Last edited by ubernoob; 05-15-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #9528
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I think if they said they were upset about the TV Show, there wouldn't be any backlash. Yeah, some would try to spin it the other way, but most already know that most players hate when one of their players attract extra attention (e.g. TO, Romo when he was with Jessica Simpson, etc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
If Roddy White hasn't been suspended because of Twitter, tweeting "omg" and "horrible" - WITHOUT context behind them, mind you, even if everyone knew what he was talking about - is an absolute joke.

Now, the Dolphins have every right to suspend an employer for whatever they see fit... but it was just public grandstanding at it's finest. Let's not act like the Dolphins don't have their own issues they're trying to get away from, and this is just one way to "show they are in control."
I think if he plays for any team other than St. Louis or Miami, he doesn't face nearly the amount of action that was taken against him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »